PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Not Concerned With The Rock Taking 'His Spot' At WrestleMania 40

Kemo
11-13-2023, 10:43 PM
Cody Rhodes says it would be 'outstanding' if The Rock is part of WrestleMania 40, but the main event is 'his spot' and not even Dwayne Johnson is going to stand in his way.

Rhodes had a chance to make history this past April in Los Angeles, but came up short against Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 39. It was a devastating loss that sent him and his fans reeling, but he hasn't lost sight of the big picture. He's learning that it's a long road back to the top after coming as close as he did, but he's not going to let anything (or anyone) stop him next time.

The Rock recently expressed interest in facing Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 40, but what exactly would that mean for Cody Rhodes?

The American Nightmare appeared on Busted Open Radio on Monday morning and was asked about the possibility of The Rock being involved at WrestleMania 40.

Rhodes began by praising The Rock, stating that he's done so much for 'sports entertainment' and is the biggest movie star in the word. He appreciates The Rock's legacy and says today's Superstars 'stand on the shoulders' of the greats who came before them, including The Great One.

All that said, Rhodes is laser focused on 'claiming his kingdom' at WrestleMania. He's not going to hesitate, he's not going to flinch and he thinks The Rock would respect his conviction, because The Rock was the same way when he was climbing the ladder.

"I don't care who it is," said Rhodes. "If that happens to be The Rock. If it happens to be anybody. A wonderful superstar like LA Knight, a stellar performer like Sami Zayn. Line them up and I'm going to do everything I can to outrun them. I mean that with the utmost respect.

I wasn't shook at all by Rock's big day out. What I would say is: I'm not flinching. If Rock is part of WrestleMania 40, that would be outstanding, it's The Rock, but I don't think he'll be in my spot."

Catch Cody Rhodes' comments about The Rock and WrestleMania right here, courtesy of Busted Open: