PDA

View Full Version : Shayna Baszler on Biting Becky Lynch: WWE Wanted Me to Trend

Kemo
11-21-2023, 10:04 PM
WWE management wanted the WWE main roster debut of Shayna Baslzer to be a viral moment, and the Queen of Spades gave exactly that.

Shayna Baszler's impactful debut on Raw came during the February 10, 2020, episode. During the show, Baszler attacked Becky Lynch and bit the neck of the then-Raw Women's Champion.

XgtOSs1_5DQ

Even close to four years later, Baszler's arrival on the red brand is still one of the most shocking debuts fans have seen. Speaking with Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp, Baszler reflected on her bloodthirsty arrival to the main roster.

"They wanted something that would make me trend on Twitter. It worked. I was like, ‘I mean, I have this gnarly arm stomp.’ They were like, ‘No, no, no.’ We want you to be like the Mike Tyson of the division.’ I was like, ‘You think they’re gonna think Mike Tyson after this? Okay. You got it.’ But I trended on Twitter, so who am I to say?"

Baszler added that she was simply doing what she was told when she bit Lynch. She added that the bite should be added to a future WWE 2K game as part of her moveset.

"I just came up to main roster. I was doing my job getting myself to trend on Twitter. That’s it. They need to put it in the moveset so you can edit."

After biting Lynch, Baszler would win that year's Women's Elimination Chamber match, becoming the first woman to eliminate every other participant in a Chamber match. At WrestleMania 36, Lynch retained the Raw Women's Championship against Baszler.

While Baszler has yet to win singles gold on the main roster, she is a multiple-time WWE Women's Tag Team Champion.