PDA

View Full Version : MJF on WWE Possibly Toning Him Down: "How the F*** Do You Put a Leash On Me?"

Kemo
12-20-2023, 09:09 PM
AEW World Champion MJF doesn't believe that his persona could be watered-down in WWE, despite the PG nature of the Stamford promotion.

MJF has often teased leaving AEW for WWE, though these references on TV have dried up with Friedman's face turn. Speaking on the SI Media podcast, MJF was asked about whether he feels his character would be toned down in the event of a WWE move.

"I just don't know how the f*** you put a leash on me. And I swear to God that's my honest opinion... I don't know, I don't think anybody can hold me back from being the monster that I am. I think my career trajectory in any company is going to be exactly the same.

"Do I think in some aspects AEW fits me more like a glove than anywhere else? Yeah, I do. Could an argument be made the other way around? Yeah, sure. These are all things that I have to think about. But I do know whatever company I pick, it will be because it feels right and it means the most to me."

WWE has reportedly had its eye on MJF for some time, in addition to other AEW talent. Cody Rhodes recently said that he predicts MJF will join WWE one day, but stopped short of saying what day he believes that will be. In the interview, MJF wasn't surprised that those in WWE are showing great interest in him.

"It's normal. Of course, you want MJF in your company. Who the f*** wouldn't want me in their company? I'm the best thing going today. I'm the AEW World Champion. Nobody dresses like me. Nobody talks like me. Nobody looks like me. Nobody walks like me and nobody wrestles like me.

"I take it as a compliment and I think the AEW fans should take it as a compliment too. Because that means that their World Champion, the face of their company, is a hot commodity."

Whatever the future holds, MJF's next title defense will come at AEW Worlds End next week against Samoa Joe. The show will take place on December 30, from the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York.