PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes: CM Punk's Great & The Rock Electrifies, But I'm Not Flinching

Kemo
01-09-2024, 08:56 PM
:codylogo:

Cody Rhodes won't let the recent returns of CM Punk and The Rock deter him from finishing the story and becoming a WWE World Champion.

Since returning to WWE, Rhodes has made it clear he plans on winning the title that his father never officially held. At the 2023 Royal Rumble event, Rhodes won the Men's Rumble match, earning a shot at Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. At WrestleMania 39, Rhodes would fail to 'finish the story' in a shocking loss that left those in the industry in awe.

Up until a few weeks back, it seemed a certainty that Rhodes would win the 2024 Men's Royal Rumble and finally dethrone Reigns at WrestleMania 40. Unfortunately for the American Nightmare, the return of CM Punk at Survivor Series as well as the return of The Rock on the Day 1 Raw has left his future less clear.

Though his long-awaited win over Roman Reigns appears to be slipping away, Cody Rhodes remains defiant that he can stand up to any WWE Superstar put in front of him. The American Nightmare made that clear when speaking with SI.

"The Rock is The Great One–he’s still electrifying. CM Punk is one of the greatest stars in the history of wrestling. I know what I’m up against. Look at the roster–it’s loaded with stars. But that doesn’t bother me. I’m not flinching. I’m not rooting against anyone else, I’m just working to make it happen."

No matter what comes next for Cody Rhodes, expect the American Nightmare to be his always-generous self...