PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk: I Treat Seth As An Equal, But He Sees Himself As My Little Brother

Kemo
01-13-2024, 12:42 AM
Seth Rollins's aura is that of a younger sibling to CM Punk, or at least that's the vibe that the Best in the World picks up.

Since his shocking return to WWE at Survivor Series, Punk has proven to be a thorn in Rollins' side. The reigning World Heavyweight Champion has made it clear why he's against Punk, who for years would put down WWE in public appearances. Rollins has also been shutting down CM Punk chants at events the Best in the World hasn't been present for.

Rollins and Punk have never been short on words about each other, and this week, Punk tried to delve into what makes Rollins tick. Speaking to The Jackie Redmond Show, Punk said he believes Rollins sees himself as inferior to himself.

“We're very similar. The difference is, I can talk about my career & not have to mention him. He can’t talk about his career without mentioning me. I understand where he's coming from, you know, I understand, I think he's always felt like he was the little brother. I've never tried to treat him that way, I've always tried to treat him like a peer but some people you just can't reach. He hates me. He hates me, like Colorado Avalanche & Red Wings.”

CM Punk will compete in the Men's Royal Rumble match, in what will be his first televised match for WWE since the 2014 Royal Rumble match. Punk has made it no secret that if he wins, he will challenge Rollins.

For Punk to challenge Rollins at WrestleMania 40, not only does he need to win the Men's Rumble match, but Seth will need to remain World Heavyweight Champion. Rollins will defend his title on next week's Raw against Jinder Mahal in a match that has gotten under the skin of AEW President Tony Khan.