PDA

View Full Version : Netflix's Vince McMahon Project Is a "Big Deal", Will Leave No Stone Unturned

Kemo
01-16-2024, 03:04 AM
Nothing will be held back in the upcoming Netflix project about the life, career, and controversies of TKO Group Holdings President Vince McMahon.

WWE first announced during the 2020 Q3 earnings call that they were teaming with Netflix to create a docuseries on McMahon. In July 2022, it was reported that the project had been scrapped, and McMahon would infamously retire that same month. Just one month later, however, it was clarified that the project was still in production.

It shouldn't be much longer before fans get to see the much-anticipated project about Vince McMahon. Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer recalled his own ties to the project.

"Today I went to Los Angeles to do a Netflix taping (about) Vince McMahon. I guess what I can say, because I'm not supposed to say much about it, is the Netflix series is gonna be out sooner than you think. — It's a big freakin' deal. They've interviewed all kinds of people. I was told the most interesting person they've interviewed is Vince McMahon."

Meltzer added that the project leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the wrestling powerhouse.

"It's covering the whole life of Vince McMahon. I've been asked about every single subject that you can think of regarding Vince McMahon, from childhood to last week, practically. Covered everything."

A lot has changed for WWE and Vince McMahon in the three years since the Netflix deal was announced. On his show, Dave Meltzer explained how the project will reflect this.

"The series, when it started and how it's ended are completely different. When it started it was just 'Vince McMahon, the owner of the company', and now it's not the owner of the company, and there's all the reasons that he's not the owner of the company, the payoffs - all that stuff happened, they were years into this documentary before all that stuff happened.”