PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Kai Clears The Air About Her In-Ring Return From Injury

Kemo
01-17-2024, 11:24 PM
Dakota Kai has been recovering from a torn ACL since last May, but some fans may not realize she is injured by the amount of screen time she gets in WWE. She recently shared an update on her recovery progress.

Despite being part of the Damage CTRL stable and making appearances on television with her stablemates, Dakota Kai is only cleared to stand at ringside during matches. Some fans mistakenly believed she was already cleared for in-ring action.

During a recent Twitch stream, Kai clarified that although she can move normally, she hasn't received the necessary medical clearance. Currently, she is still waiting on the green light for her return to the ring.

In the meantime, Dakota Kai is really enjoying all the time she's having with Damage CTRL on WWE television.

“I’m so sick of seeing people saying, ‘She can run and jump, but she’s not cleared still? No, that’s not how this works. Obviously, I can run and jump because I’ve been doing it for the last few months, but they have a set date for when you actually get cleared because I have to still do matches, and they have to check all the boxes of when I’m actually cleared. I’m not going to be in a wheelchair for nine months and then suddenly stand up and go, ‘I’m cured.’ That’s not how it works.”

On the May 12th episode of SmackDown, Dakota Kai and Bayley faced defeat in their Women's Tag Team Championship match against Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez. Both Kai and Morgan sustained injuries during the match, with Kai tearing her ACL and Morgan injuring her shoulder.

Kai reappeared physically for the first time at SummerSlam, celebrating Sky's WWE Women's Championship victory. Subsequently, Kai has consistently taken on a managerial role for Damage CTRL until she receives medical clearance for in-ring competition.