PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton Names His Dream WrestleMania Opponent: “Fans would eat it up”

Kemo
01-18-2024, 07:23 AM
Randy Orton can be a world title contender at any moment and The Viper will be one of three Royal Rumble weekend, but what about WrestleMania?

Orton will join AJ Styles and LA Knight as challengers for Roman Reigns' big gold in one of the featured fights. Before that, Orton was a special guest on WWE's The Bump and was asked about potentially becoming WWE Champion again. This prompted Orton to mention the name of a long-time rival.

"A dream match for me would be to somehow find myself in a situation where I’m fighting Cena at WrestleMania for the title. I don’t know how you get there. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but I have never wrestled John at WrestleMania in a singles match. We had some wars back in the day, so being able to revisit that after all this, I think it’s not only something that I would want, I think the fans would eat it up too."

To Orton's point, The Apex Predator saw Cena in the ring nearly countless times over a decade ago. The rivalry was taken to the well so many times that it notoriously became a match-up that fans would get sick of.

Cena made his return to WWE over the summer, but Orton and he crossed like two ships in the night as Orton made his return at Survivor Series.

At Royal Rumble, the initial belief was that Orton would likely challenge Roman Reigns one-on-one for the WWE Undisputed Universal Championship, but a report from Dave Meltzer stated Styles and Knight were added to the fight in order to prolong that singles fight for a battle down the road.

LionDen
01-20-2024, 10:09 AM
I don't want him to wrestle Cena although I do want Orton to win one or two more main titles. lol Could be a good match because if Cena was champ, he would not only defending the title but Orton catching up to him in most titles won.