PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2k24 Cover Illustrator Shuts Down Accusation Of Using AI To Make Art

Kemo
01-25-2024, 12:51 AM
WWE Games revealed the cover Superstars for the upcoming WWE 2K24 game. Cody Rhodes will appear on the regular version's cover, while Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley will share the deluxe edition cover. They are also releasing a Forty Years of WrestleMania edition, and that cover brought some controversy.

On Monday, January 22, 2K disclosed new details about the latest addition to their WWE game series, WWE 2K24. The game will offer three editions: the Standard Edition, the Deluxe Edition, and the 40 Years Of WrestleMania Edition.

The cover for the 40 Years Of WrestleMania Edition showcases iconic WWE figures from the past and present, including The Rock, The Undertaker, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, and John Cena. The artwork is pretty incredible, but in today's world, so many believe that AI has a hand in everything.

https://i.imgur.com/jPAgAHJ.jpg

A group of online fans criticized this cover, accusing 2K of using artificial intelligence to generate it. Jonathan Bartlett swiftly refuted these claims, asserting that he personally illustrated the cover as he replied to a now-deleted post.

"ummmmmm HI. this is 100000000% human made, by me.

but honestly, im gonna triple down on my FUCK A.I, because this is what we deal with now. Skepticism from others that will be quick to jump to a conclusion with out giving it thought. And now here I am defending my hard earned AND learned craft of picture making."

One fan told Jonathan that this was just a joke, one he must have missed. To that, the artist replied to say, "I... did? I get the Hogan joke. AI accusations are hella sensitive and if I missed the sarcasm in his personality, thats on me."

WWE 2K24 is scheduled for release on all current generation consoles. A complete roster reveal is still pending at the time of writing.

The game will be launched in two waves for different editions. On March 5th, the WWE 2K24 Deluxe Edition and Forty Years of WrestleMania editions will be released.

The standard and cross-gen digital editions of the game are set to be available on March 8th. Pre-orders are currently open.