PDA

View Full Version : Naomi Seeking Grand Slam Win After Shocking WWE Royal Rumble Return

Kemo
02-01-2024, 07:48 AM
Naomi is back in WWE after close to two years away, and has set her sights on a huge accolade only a few Superstars have reached.

The former TNA Knockouts Champion was the #2 entrant in the Women's Royal Rumble match, her first match for WWE since May of 2022. Naomi, alongside Mercedes Mone (then Sasha Banks), walked out of the promotion that same month, citing frustration with the creative team's plans for the then-WWE Women's Tag Team Champions. WWE would strip the pair of the gold and Naomi (as Trinity) debuted for TNA last year.

b5bHiuCGDq0

Naomi didn't win a title match at WrestleMania 40, but she was the sentimental favorite of many fans in Tropicana Field. Speaking on this week's episode of The Bump, Naomi shared what's next for her now that she is once again a WWE Superstar.

“Now I got to do it bigger this time in the WWE way bigger than before but the challenge this time is though; I been around and I’m back again it’s like starting all the way over at the bottom but I’m looking forward to that challenge and working my way back up to going against the best of the best. My goal is to be a grand slam champion. That’s my focus. “

jV3GfU4k1M4

Out of the current Women's Championships in WWE, Naomi has only held the Women's Tag Team Championships (with Sasha Banks). She is a two-time SmackDown Women's Champion, which is today known as Rhea Ripley's Women's World Championship.

Outside of titles, Naomi was the winner of the 2018 Women's WrestleMania Battle Royal and won 'Most Underrated Superstar of the Year' at 2018's WWE Year-End Awards. She's also a one-time Slammy Award winner, taking home 2013's Best Dance Moves of the Year with Cameron for her role in the Funkadactyls.