PDA

View Full Version : Maria Kanellis Clears Up Misconceptions About Her WWE Departure

Kemo
02-05-2024, 06:33 PM
There are a lot of stories going around in the pro wrestling world, especially concerning WWE Superstar releases and the reasons behind it. Now, Maria Kanellis has stepped up to address some of those misconceptions.

Maria Kanellis addressed the misinformation surrounding her WWE departure, clarifying several points. Contrary to some reports, her initial release in 2010 occurred when her contract expired, and she declined a renewal at one-third of her male counterparts' salaries.

Despite initial assurances of change upon her return, she said WWE's treatment did not align with expectations, especially concerning family planning. She emphasized that Mike Bennett's request for his release was separate from her situation. Contrary to rumors, WWE did not facilitate rehab for Mike, and they were misled multiple times about their storyline.

"There are a lot of reports about things that happened when I was in WWE. Most of them are just wrong. Some are rumors circulated by WWE loyalists, bots, or 'news' organizations on the WWE payroll. Here are some facts: When I was “released” by WWE the first time in 2010 my contract was up and I refused to sign for one third what my male contemporaries were making. When I went back, I was told by many people I trusted that WWE had changed. WWE knew we were planning on adding to our family when we resigned. Mike asked for his release, I did not. Mike never went to WWE rehab. Nor did they pay for any rehab. We were lied to many times about our storyline and what direction it was going. I fought back against it to no avail. We were never paid millions of dollars in WWE. We had the average contract for WWE for 6 months. We are not millionaires and we don’t live in a mansion. I hope this helps people separate fact from fiction."

Maria refutes claims of earning millions, highlighting their average WWE contract duration of six months and dispelling notions of a lavish lifestyle. Her aim is to provide clarity amid the mix of facts and fiction.

When it comes to what she's doing now, Maria replied to a fan to say how proud she is of her current work in ROH.

"I love what I am doing. I have watched the tag team division in @ringofhonor get better and better since July of last year. These guys are working their asses off to represent the division that has given us some of the Best Tag Team Wrestling in the world. I can’t wait to see what it looks like in a year."

LionDen
02-06-2024, 06:13 AM
Who cares. :shifty: lol