PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Return: WWE Hall of Famer Teases Possible Next Opponent

Kemo
02-13-2024, 10:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/of4UKSk.png

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin has told several stories in the ring during his time with WWE. Although it's been a while since he laced up his boots, the Texas Rattlesnake isn't shutting the door on having another match.

Steve Austin competed in a No Holds Barred match against Kevin Owens on February 4, 2022, at WrestleMania 38. AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas played host to a historic performance, but it might not be his last.

kpZKYxCTOc4

While speaking to ESPN, Steve Austin spoke on the possibility of having another match. He gave the classic "never say never" approach to things, but this could mean a lot coming from Austin.

"I said I'd never get in a ring again unless all the stars aligned. And for some reason, somehow, they all did. And at the age of 57, I headlined the first night of WrestleMania. I never thought I'd do that. If you'd have told me that when I retired in [2003], I'd have said, 'You're crazy.' So I'm not gonna sit here and say no to anything, because you never say never in this crazy business of sports entertainment."

Austin also mentioned that a potential match with CM Punk "would be a good one."

"I like Punk, and I think Punk likes me -- so, as long as he can take a [Stone Cold] Stunner," Austin said with a laugh. "I consider him a great friend, a great guy and a great wrestler who's had a great career. We'll see."

Austin will have a significant role in WWE 2K24's latest game mode, "Showcase of the Immortals." This mode lets players experience 21 historic WrestleMania matches, commemorating the 40th anniversary of WWE's premier event. These matches include iconic showdowns like Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant from WrestleMania 3 and the memorable ladder match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon from WrestleMania 10, as well as more recent bouts such as the first women's WrestleMania main event featuring Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35.

In the game, players will be able to replay Steve Austin's legendary match with Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13 in 1997, a bout that propelled the "Stone Cold" character to new heights. Additionally, Austin's WrestleMania 17 clash with The Rock in 2001 and his comeback match against Owens will also be available.

The Rock's recent return to WWE may have sparked interest in Austin to do the same. Only time will tell if he locks up in a WWE ring again, but his match at WrestleMania against Kevin Owens, which Austin won, was a well-produced 13-minute street fight that had fans on their feet the whole time. Odds are, Austin is in good enough shape to give the same performance, or even better, at 59-years-old.

WWE is in a booming period in their history, and they are definitely in a position to offer big compensation if Austin does decide to return. If anything, his comeback will likely be much more well-received than The Rock's was.

PHLicE9hG1Y