PDA

View Full Version : WWE Fans React to Cody Rhodes - Ric Flair Tease On SmackDown

Kemo
06-09-2024, 12:15 AM
Cody Rhodes was seen backstage during SmackDown, waiting for AJ Styles. He wanted to get even with Styles for attacking him last week during his fake retirement segment.

While the Undisputed WWE World Champion waited, Ric Flair's face appeared behind him. The shot was taken in front of a truck featuring WWE legends, including Andre the Giant and Roddy Piper. These legends were visible from a different angle when the show returned from commercial.

https://i.imgur.com/sjBJOlk.png

This truck was shown during two segments, giving Ric Flair more screen time on WWE television this week than he had with AEW, where he is signed.

Fans quickly noticed and commented on Twitter/X. Some wondered if this was a tease for the Nature Boy's return. This was also called out as a tribute, because Cody and AJ Styles are going to battle in an I Quit match at Clash at the Castle. "Ahhhh, they’re paying homage to Funk v. Flair with this “I Quit” match—- with Cody playing the part of Flair. Good god they love their Easter Eggs there," they posted.

One fan posted, "Now Ric Flair was behind him! Cody must be getting the wrestling legends together to take on AJ Styles! Lmao." Another fan wondered, "Cody near a wwe truck with Ric Flair on it have me wondered is there's a link to do there with maybe Arn Anderson?" This would be interesting, because The Enforcer did just depart from AEW, and he's managed Cody in the past.

There were a lot of fans posting about The Nature's little cameo on the blue brand. You can check out some highlights below.

Ric Flair signed a 'multi-year' AEW contract after being introduced as Tony Khan's 'special gift' to Sting on last week's Dynamite. On the October 25, 2023 episode of AEW Dynamite, Flair reunited with Sting as The Icon prepared to end his career at AEW Revolution.

It remains to be seen what will happen next. Steve Austin and The Undertaker were also shown on a truck behind Cody Rhodes on the road to WrestleMania XL, and that was intentional.