PDA

View Full Version : Arn Anderson Comments On Possibly Reuniting With Cody Rhodes

Kemo
06-09-2024, 12:35 AM
Wrestling legend Arn Anderson is not ruling out a possible reunion with Cody Rhodes in WWE.

'The American Nightmare' recently expressed his desire to have "the classic pro wrestling manager" in WWE. His remark led to many speculating whether he teased Arn Anderson joining WWE and becoming his manager. Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Anderson reflected on Cody's comment. 'The Enforcer' was appreciative of the Undisputed WWE Champion for their time together in AEW. The 65-year-old feels that he could have a short run with WWE if anybody thinks it's a good idea. Here is what he said:

“I wonder what that was about. What was he setting me up for in that deal? I did [hear what Rhodes said], and I was very humbled and appreciative, and he allowed me to have some fun on my way out, which I thought I was way past that. So I was very appreciative of that. Well, in case you don’t know, I am 65, and my liver is 127. I am on short time, and I don’t have a lot of time. Would I come back in the right situation for a short-term something with Cody? If anybody out there thinks it’s a good idea, let me know. I don’t know.”

Arn Anderson further added that he had a word with Cody but the matter never came up. He said:

“That would be something because he and I have never had that conversation. We had a couple texts back and forth, and it never came up. So I went, maybe that was just him testing the waters himself.”

During their time together in AEW, Arn Anderson serves as the coach of Cody Rhodes. He used to be in the corner of 'The American Nightmare' and guided him to becoming a three-time TNT Champion. Arn Anderson recently announced that that he was departing AEW after being with the promotion for five years. This makes the situation more intriguing and his return to WWE could be on the horizon.

After AJ Styles pulled off a betrayal with his fake retirement last week, 'The American Nightmare' was irate. They had a confrontation on this week's edition of SmackDown and Rhodes accepted Styles' challenge for the Undisputed WWE Champion. However, the champ proposed an "I Quit" match. SmackDown GM Nick Aldis agreed and made the match official for Clash At The Castle: Scotland will take place on June 15 at OVO Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland.

During the show, fans also noticed WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair's photo on the WWE production truck was heavily featured. This also sparked speculation that it might be an indication of Arn Anderson possibly returning to manage Cody Rhodes.