PDA

View Full Version : John Laurinaitis Gives Sworn Statement Regarding Janel Grant's Lawsuit

Kemo
06-11-2024, 04:30 PM
Former WWE employee John Laurinaitis believed that his tenure with the company would have kept him from being part of any lawsuit involving Janel Grant.

Grant's lawsuit against Laurinaitis, WWE, and Vince McMahon, alleges that she was sexually abused and trafficked during her time with the company. Laurinaitis is said to be one of the men in WWE that Grant was trafficked to. While Laurinaitis initially was against McMahon, the two men have since aligned due to this lawsuit.

On June 8, Laurinaitis filed a sworn statement before The United States District Court of Connecticut. In the statement, Laurinaitis explains how he thought being a WWE employee at the time of Grant's NDA meant he would not be part of any litigation. The full statement reads:

“I, John Laurinaitis, declare under penalty of perjury as follows:

"At all times material to the allegations set forth in the Complaint, I was an employee of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. As a full-time employee of WWE, it is my understanding that I was listed as a released party from any and all lawsuits or causes of action by Plaintiff Grant.

"Pursuant to the terms of the Confidential Settlement Agreement, General Release, and Covenant Not to Sue (Dkt. 30-2) it is my understanding that the sole and exclusive legal method to resolve any disputes related to the Confidential Settlement Agreement would be in binding arbitration under the Federal Arbitration Act.”

The case is currently not progressing through the courts, though only because it has been voluntarily paused by Grant at the request of the Dept. of Justice. The DOJ has launched a federal probe into McMahon in relation to the allegations against him.

McMahon has always denied that his relationship with Grant was anything other than consensual. Jessica Rosenberg, part of McMahon's legal team, has said Grant's case is "nothing more than a fabricated, vindictive narrative from a disgruntled former girlfriend." Similarly, Laurinaitis has denied the claims against him.