PDA

View Full Version : Piper Niven: 'Bayley Is Like Shawn Michaels, She Brings The Best Out of Everyone'

Kemo
06-11-2024, 04:31 PM
Piper Niven is eager to step into the ring with Bayley as the Role Model, like Shawn Michaels, brings the best from her opponents.

Since arriving in WWE in late 2012, Bayley has become one of the promotion's leading women. The Role Model has held gold on Raw, SmackDown, and WWE NXT, and the reigning WWE Women's Champion has also won Money in the Bank and the Royal Rumble match.

At WWE Clash At The Castle: Scotland, Piper Niven hopes to end the reign of the current WWE Women's Champion, despite the respect they share. Sitting down with PW Insider, Niven compared Bayley to another Superstar who forged a legacy of championship gold.

"She brings out the best in her opponents and I really think that is that's something that should be respected not just as a fan but as a fellow performer and you really admire the people that work like that and another performer like that comes to mind, Shawn Michaels, so I really do have a lot of respect for her."

While Niven clearly holds respect for Bayley, that won't stop the powerhouse when she faces the Role Model in Niven's native Scotland.

"I have a huge amount of respect for Bayley... [but] with that in mind I'll try and keep that respect in mind when I'm drilling her head into the mat and taking her belt off her."

This will arguably be the biggest match of Niven's career since joining the main roster. As the only Superstar to move directly from NXT UK to the main roster, Niven will have the home-field advantage, but whether that translates into gold is yet to be seen.