PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Explains Why He Held His Tongue When CM Punk Referenced Vince McMahon

Kemo
06-12-2024, 07:39 PM
Drew McIntyre says he could have broken the internet with his reply when CM Punk coaxed him to take Vince McMahon's name on WWE TV but he held back because it wasn't right for the company.

The former WWE owner has effectively been erased from the company's history after being accused in the Sex Trafficking lawsuit filed by former employee Janel Grant.

This didn't stop the Straight Edge Star from referencing McMahon in his promo during the March 25 episode of Raw. Punk and McIntyre were involved in a promo battle on the show. The former AEW star almost made The Scottish Psychopath break character by asking who gave him 'The Chosen One' nickname during this exchange.

XryykAVuVMs

Drew McIntyre revealed what was going through his mind during this segment while speaking to Metro. According to him, he was thinking if mentioning the former chairman would be the right move for the company:

"What was going through my mind was I could respond right now, and would it be a good look for our company? And I have to make a decision because we’re going O.K. Corral-style, unloading rounds on each other,"

The former WWE Champion claimed that he had a couple of replies in his mind that would have 'melted the internet' but he restrained himself for the betterment of the company:

"I did what I thought was right for not just the company, but for our roster, and held my tongue on that night. I had a couple of things in mind that would have melted the internet, but potentially hurt us in different ways."

The Raw star noted that he could have probably gotten away with mentioning their former boss but he decided to be professional instead.

Vince McMahon had an early influence on McIntyre's WWE career. The former boss introduced Drew as a future world champion that he had personally signed upon his SmackDown debut in 2009. This led to McIntyre being given 'The Chosen One' nickname that became his first gimmick on the main roster.