PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn Weighs In Pros And Cons Of Limiting Number of PPV Matches On A Card

Kemo
06-13-2024, 05:23 PM
Sami Zayn has mixed feelings about limiting the number of matches on a PPV.

The Triple H era of WWE has seen a renewed focus on quality over quantity. This has resulted in the company limiting the number of matches featured on a PPV match card.

The current Intercontinental Champion was recently interviewed by Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful to promote the upcoming Clash at The Castle: Scotland event on June 15.

Speaking about the decision to pull back on the quantity of PPV matches, Zayn explained that he has mixed feelings about it, because sometimes even good stories are not able to secure you a spot at the big shows:

"Yeah, I have mixed feelings on it. Because, certainly as a performer, if you're not figured in like... with seven or eight matches, there's a little more real estate, and there's a better chance of getting on. But now, even if you're in a pretty prominent story, it still just might not make [the cut].

It's not to say anything of the quality of your story or the quality of your performances, but it just might not be factored in, if there's only five matches. Five is really not a lot, but it's a quality-over-quantity sort of mentality, which is hard to disagree with. I do think it's been better."

ZZSZoNNTcu8

The former Bloodline member also spoke about the other side of the coin. Sami Zayn explained that in this approach fans automatically feel a connection to the matches that do make it to a PPV card:

"It makes matches that are actually on the event feel very important, because there's only five. So it's like, if this made the grade, it subconsciously tells the audience like, 'Hey, this is something the company's invested for, therefore we should be invested in it emotionally.'

I think there's like a subconscious component to that, that I don't think is often factored in with fans, which is like - fans kind of know their part in the dance a little bit. When they see like 'oh this is something we're supposed to care about,' they care about it."

Sami Zayn is scheduled to defend his Intercontinental Championship against Chad Gable at the Clash at The Castle event.