PDA

View Full Version : Nick Aldis Knows WWE Fans Want To See Him Wrestle: 'I Have No Influence Over That'

Kemo
06-19-2024, 06:15 PM
There's no shortage of fans who'd love to see Nick Aldis wrestle, but right now, the possibility of that happening is beyond the British star's control.

Since arriving in WWE last year, Aldis has served as SmackDown General Manager and his no-nonsense approach has endeared him with fans. Aldis' refusal to back down to the likes of The Bloodline, Logan Paul, and others has even led some fans to think that WWE has been sowing the seeds for a match for the former NWA World Champion.

At 37 years old, Aldis is far from the age wrestlers typically retire from in-ring competition. Speaking to the Gorilla Position podcast, the Brit admitted it's not up to him if he wrestles in WWE.

"I’ve seen a ton of sentiment from fans ‘we want to see you wrestle this guy.’ I appreciate all that. It’s not something I have any control or influence over. it’s very much a case of, when Paul [Triple H] and I first started speaking, I made it very clear that ‘I want to be part of the team and contribute in whatever way you think is best.’ If, at some point, [getting in the ring] is best then great."

Aldis called the discussion about joining WWE as SmackDown's GM the "shortest conversation of my career" and revealed that Bruce Prichard pitched the idea. Time will tell whether we see Aldis in the ring, but for now, the British wrestler is happy to be in the position of General Manager.

Cdp_hQNrhLg