PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Got Closure From Iconic Appearance at WrestleMania 40

Kemo
06-20-2024, 07:22 PM
The Undertaker carved an unforgettable path in the world of professional wrestling, one that many have since followed. Though the WWE Hall of Famer has retired from active competition, he made a notable appearance at WrestleMania this year, providing him with a sense of closure.

During WrestleMania XL, The Undertaker was present for the main event, where Cody Rhodes completed his journey against Roman Reigns. The Bloodline was permitted at ringside, leading to an intense match under Bloodline rules. Unexpectedly, The Undertaker emerged to offer crucial support to The American Nightmare, aiding him in securing victory.

In a conversation with Chris Van Vliet on Insight, The Undertaker reflected on the "closure" he experienced with his WrestleMania cameo. He explained that the significance of WrestleMania, an event he had headlined and popularized over the years, culminated in a particularly meaningful moment for him.

"I guess it was being out there in front of that live audience and having that moment. Now, I'd come back. I did the deal with Bray and LA Knight, and then I did that thing with NXT. I think it was my history with Mania, and that part of my legacy, just to go out there one more time. Then, to have someone like Rock, who was in that Attitude Era with me."

P-a9lJAxjv8

The Undertaker created many memorable WrestleMania moments, particularly with his undefeated streak. "The Streak" consisted of 21 victories at WWE's WrestleMania, starting in 1991 at WrestleMania VII with a win over Jimmy Snuka and ending in 2013 at WrestleMania 29 against CM Punk. The Undertaker missed WrestleMania X in 1994 and WrestleMania 2000 due to injuries.

Throughout this streak, The Undertaker defeated 18 opponents, including three matches with Triple H, two each against Kane and Shawn Michaels, and a handicap match against A-Train and Big Show at WrestleMania XIX. The Streak became central to WrestleMania, with many viewing a win over The Undertaker as a greater achievement than winning the WWE Championship.

There was much debate about whether The Streak should be broken, with many prominent wrestlers offering their opinions. The Streak ended at WrestleMania XXX in 2014 when Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker by pinfall, ending one of WrestleMania's most significant runs.

The Undertaker started out WrestleMania 40 in the crowd, watching the show from a suite in Lincoln Financial Field. He was a very busy man during WrestleMania week, with a One DEADMan show as well. To appear at the showcase of the immortals once again was a very special thing for Big Evil.