PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler Is "Hobbling Along" After Knee Replacement, Shares WWE Status

Kemo
06-20-2024, 07:25 PM
Jerry Lawler is recovering nicely after undergoing knee replacement surgery following his contract with WWE coming to an end.

The King has experienced several health issues in recent years, including a stroke in February 2023 that forced him to miss several pre-booked events. This incident came just over a decade after his infamous 2012 stroke during an episode of WWE Monday Night Raw.

Lawler's health issues have also led to him getting knee replacement surgery, a side effect of his legendary career in the ring. Speaking on the Going Ringside podcast, the WWE Hall of Famer shared the latest on how he's feeling.

"I’m sort of hobbling around right now, I just had a knee replacement on my right knee. It’s doing good, but it’s a little bit of hobbling here and there."

When asked about how life has been following these health setbacks, The King shared that he's doing okay for the most part.

"Well, I seem to be doing pretty well. People just see me like this, but at home, I live by myself. It’s a little tough there right now. But it’s seemed to get better."

JOqo9IDnZWE

In May 2024, it was reported that Lawler's contract with WWE had expired, seemingly marking the end of his decades with the promotion. It was later explained that while this contract has ended, Lawler remains under a legends deal. On the podcast, Lawler reiterated his contract situation with WWE.

"The commentating contract [ did end]. I had two strokes about seven months ago, and so they thought that’s not good for commentary right now. But I’m still under contract with them."

While Lawler may appear for WWE one day again, his days donning the headset for the company is a distant memory. Nevertheless, the King had a career in and out of WWE most wrestlers can only dream of as one of the all-time greats to step in the ring.