PDA

View Full Version : NXT Star Javier Bernal Confirms Foot Surgery

Kemo
06-25-2024, 06:49 AM
Several wrestlers on WWE's NXT roster are out with injuries, including Javier Bernal, who is sidelined with a broken foot. While 'Big Body Javi' will be inactive for some time, Bernal took the first steps to recovery by undergoing surgery.

The injury occurred during a tag team match with Drake Morreaux, which saw them lose to Chase U (Duke Hudson & Riley Osborne) in a match that aired on the June 7 episode of NXT Level Up. During the contest, Osborne landed an over-the-top-rope Senton on Bernal outside the ring and landed on his opponent's foot. The Columbian-American superstar immediately grabbed at his foot in pain.

8xXbltyil34

On June 8, Bernal shared on X that he fractured bones in his foot and initially wanted to avoid surgery. However, after further examination, the injury was severe enough to require an operation to repair it.

Fans have responded to the unfortunate news with support and hope the NXT prospect fully recovers. In his latest update to his fanbase, Bernal shared on June 21 that he had successful surgery and is officially on the road to his return to wrestling.

On X, Bernal posted a photo of himself in a hospital bed after his surgery. He first thanked WWE and their medical team for taking care of him. Bernal shared that his surgery was done at Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center in Birmingham, Alabama, with orthopedic surgeon Norman E. Waldrop, III, MD, and his staff.

After thanking WWE and the doctors who cared for him, Bernal posted a heartfelt message to his fiancée, Tatum Paxley, and fans for supporting him.

"Thankful for @TatumPaxley, because I couldn’t get through this weekend without her. Every step of the way, she has taken care of me and won’t let me do anything. She is the love of my life, and it’s obvious as to why I see her as wife material," wrote Bernal.

Lastly, Bernal admits that he's scared about the six months of recovery that lie ahead, but he's doing his best to keep an optimistic mindset and is grateful for the support he's received. Bernal has his fanbase, fiancée, and WWE rooting for his return. Hopefully, he can make a full recovery and compete better than ever.