PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman on CM Punk’s WWE Return: “It’s Destiny”

Kemo
08-20-2024, 04:19 AM
Paul Heyman believes it was meant to be for CM Punk to return to WWE. Punk made his comeback to the company after a disastrous exit from All Elite Wrestling on September 2, 2023, following a backstage altercation with Jake Perry. “The Straight Edge Superstar” would make his shocking return to WWE at Survivor Series on November 25, 2023.

1qenPyfs8do

In an interview with Sam Roberts, Heyman said he believed it was destiny for Punk to overcome the issues he had in his wrestling career and return to the WWE.

“It’s destiny, really. CM Punk is back where he belongs, and that’s on top in WWE,” said Heyman. “It’s the old song, you had to go to hell to get to Heaven and CM Punk, the struggle is real, and he is a rebel. To this day, he is a rebel, but the rebel would never reach the top. The rebel will never get his due on his own merit if he doesn’t go through pure, blatant bloody hell, and that hell could not only be in WWE. He had to go through hell elsewhere as well, and everybody had to see it and hear about it and know about it and sit there and go, ‘My god, will somebody please one time give this talented man the platform that he deserves.'”

As a longtime friend of Punk, Heyman continued to speak on the former WWE Champion’s journey back to the company and how he is still dealing with struggles after recovering from an injury at the Royal Rumble on January 27.

Punk’s return to the WWE occurred just at the right time for Heyman’s induction into the Hall of Fame on April 5. The self-proclaimed “Best In the World” wrestler sat in the front row with his former manager’s children to witness the event. Heyman admitted it was important that Punk was in attendance for his induction.

“To see him in the front row with my children, was it surreal? No. Actually, it was very, very, very real, and the Hall of Fame would have not been the same to me if that wasn’t the case.”

Thus far, Punk is fighting back against the stigma that he is challenging to work with based on his past. WWE fans are enjoying his return, and Punk seems ready to stay in the company for the rest of his career.