PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Doesn’t Regret Punching Vince McMahon – “He Can Rot in Hell”

Kemo
08-20-2024, 11:20 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has no regrets over punching Vince McMahon following Survivor Series 1997 and the Montreal Screwjob. Speaking with the Attitude Era podcast, the Hitman made his views on McMahon abundantly clear.

“I knocked him [McMahon] out with one punch and it was the greatest punch I ever threw. [It was an] absolutely beautiful uppercut. I lifted him about a foot off the ground, [and] broke my hand. It was the sweetest punch I ever threw. I wouldn’t change anything about it. Vince McMahon can rot in hell.”

After being ‘screwed’ by McMahon in his native Canada, an infuriated Hart made his way to the back. It has been reported for years that McMahon hid in his office after the match, and only emerged after The Undertaker made him appear and apologize. Bret and McMahon reportedly discussed what had happened and Bret warned McMahon to leave immediately or risk being punched.

McMahon allegedly told Bret “I’m gonna give you one” and Hart clocked the billionaire. McMahon was floored by the punch and was later seen with a black eye and a sprained ankle, the latter being cause by his fall to the floor, Hart has claimed.

Bret would make a one-night return to WWE in 2006 for the Hall of Fame ceremony before returning in January 2010 to WWE programming. In 2019, Hart was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame for a second time for his role in the Hart Foundation.

Vince McMahon may not be in Hell as Hart wants, but he’s certainly not in the wrestling industry anymore. The former WWE Chairman stepped away from the promotion for the second time in 2024 due to Janel Grant’s lawsuit against him, John Laurinaitis, and WWE. McMahon is also dealing with a federal investigation into him from the Dept. of Justice. Stay tuned to SE Scoops for all the latest on McMahon and the billionaire’s fall from the wrestling mountaintop.