PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Takes Aim at Vince McMahon, Love Triple H & Stephanie

Kemo
08-20-2024, 11:23 PM
Former WWE Superstar Ronda Rousey recently sat down with Chris Van Vliet of the Insight podcast to discuss her career in wrestling. Rousey captured the WWE RAW & SmackDown Women’s Championships during her run, as well as the WWE Women’s Tag Titles. She won the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match as well and headlined WrestleMania in 2019.

Since exiting WWE in 2023, Rousey has spoken openly about her issues with Vince McMahon. On the podcast, Rousey said that she never had anxiety about what the former WWE Chairman had to say about her matches.

“I just wanted to have a great match. Sometimes I felt like instead of like enabling us to have a great match, we were fighting against him in order to have a great match.”

When asked if there was any love lost between the two, Rousey made herself clear.

“No, Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Bruce Prichard they can all suck a dick.”

Rousey also said it was McMahon being an “a**hole” that resulted in a singles match with Becky Lynch at WrestleMania not happening. Despite this, Lynch has a much more positive take on McMahon’s daughter Stephanie and Triple H.

“They are fantastic, love them.”

IFTMwnC0h_8

After leaving WWE, Rousey has gone on to compete a handful of times but has yet to step in the ring in 2024. When asked, Rousey said she was done wrestling full-time.

“I might come back and have some fun here and there. But I can’t be leaving home and being on the road like that.”

In 2019, on the road to WrestleMania 35, Rousey shared a scathing video online in which she called wrestling fake. The video in question raised questions with fans as to whether WWE should be working with Rousey (the RAW Women’s Champion at the time) given her apparent disrespect for the business.

Rousey and her crew busted out laughing as soon as the video stopped recording, and loved blurring the lines of real and kayfabe. On the show, Rousey explained why she said what she said as it went beyond being like any other heel in WWE at the time.

“So many people are trying to be the cool guy heel. They’re like I want to be the heel, but I want everyone to actually like me for it. I’m like, No, man. I want people to feel like I am an existential threat to what they love.”

dPsL7YESB6s

As the controversy around her comment raged, Rousey headlined WrestleMania 35 against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair in the first women’s main event of the Supershow. The match is unfortunately remembered for a botched finish that saw Lynch pin Rousey despite the latter’s shoulders being up.

“I didn’t think my shoulders were flat on the ground, so I was trying to scoot to get my shoulders flat because it’s so fucking loud I can’t hear anything.”

Rousey added that this controversial finish was not planned, but hoped at the time that the mistake could be worked into an angle and a long-awaited singles match with Lynch. That never took place and with Lynch no longer a part of WWE, a rematch on a grand stage seems less likely than ever before.

LionDen
08-23-2024, 12:49 AM
“No, Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Bruce Prichard they can all suck a dick.” lol