PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Signs WWE Contract Extension Past 2025 Retirement

Kemo
08-22-2024, 08:57 AM
https://i.imgur.com/p7fyst9.png

John Cena’s days as a WWE Superstar may be coming to an end, but the wrestling icon will remain with the company for a long time to come. Speaking with Shannon Sharpe on Club Shay Shay, Cena shared that he will remain with WWE after next year’s retirement.

“I have such a trustworthy relationship with them [WWE] over two decades. I am a champion of the brand. I love the company. It is my home. They are my family. Even after 2025, I’ve already signed an extension to remain a member of the WWE family for the near, mid, and long-term future. I don’t think there will be a beat of my heart where WWE blood doesn’t come out of it.”

2025 will mark the end of John Cena’s in-ring career, as the legend shared at WWE Money in the Bank 2024 in Toronto, Canada. The 16-time WWE World Champion will make approximately 30-40 dates and will be at significant PLEs including Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 41. Several wrestlers have put themselves forward as potential opponents including The Miz, Bron Breakker, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Matt Cardona, and TNA Wrestling’s Joe Hendry.

yzes2Czv-4M

Cena’s contract extension is certainly good news for those at WWE, as the Hollywood A-Lister has always been willing to speak highly of the company outside of the ring. Not only that, but Cena continues to be a top merchandise seller, earning WWE a tidy profit from dedicated fans. Earlier this month, Cena said he intends to be an ‘ambassador’ for WWE after his career in the ring comes to an end.