PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Welcomes Rematch Against “Princess” Charlotte Flair

Kemo
08-22-2024, 09:02 AM
WWE superstar Rhea Ripley is ready for a rematch against her rival Charlotte Flair. In their last encounter, “The Eradicator” defeated Flair to win the Smackdown Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 39 on April 1, 2023.

“The Queen” is currently recovering from tearing her ACL, MCL, and meniscus. The injury occurred during a match against Asuka on December 3, 2023, during the episode of Friday Night Smackdown. After months of rehab, Flair is getting closer to returning to the WWE.

In an interview with veteran wrestling journalist Bill Apter, Ripley warned the seven-time WWE Smackdown Women’s Champion ahead of her comeback.

“Mamí is bigger and better than ever. I beat you at WrestleMania 39, so you best believe that I can do it again. I love you, princess. Get back and be safe because Mamí is going to put you back down.”

After Ripley won the title in 2023, she was moved to Monday Night Raw along with Judgement Day (Finn Balor, Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio). WWE’s creative decision made it so they were separated by different brands and has created intrigue from fans about a rematch.

oxA9xU7EouM

On July 30, Flair posted a video of herself training in the ring at the WWE Performance Center. She was noticeably wearing a knee brace but could do in-ring exercises with seemingly little discomfort.

WWE announced in December 2023 that Flair’s timeline for her full recovery could be nine months, which would be on track for a September return. She’s listed as a free agent on the WWE website, allowing the company some flexibility to place her on Raw or SmackDown when the time comes.

Ripley is currently focused on her feud with WWE Women’s World Champion Liv Morgan and her former boyfriend, Mysterio. That said, the company could move to have Flair rekindle her rivalry with “Mamí” when she is ready to return.

d_27xaM0BwM