PDA

View Full Version : Rikishi Says Jey Uso is Underpaid & Underutilized

Kemo
08-28-2024, 01:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ojnS7Uv.png

WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi continues to express disappointment with the promotion over the booking of his son Jey Uso. The fan-favorite superstar has remained one of the top “Babyfaces” in the company but has yet to win a singles championship.

Rikishi has previously lashed out at the company for not allowing his son to win Money In The Bank. Uso responded to his father’s comments on the Ringer Wrestling Show podcast and jokingly shared that he told his dad to watch him work and enjoy the show. On his Off The Top podcast, Rikishi called out WWE again for not giving his son the opportunities he deserves.

“…I’m at this point where I just want to call my son, hey go ahead and just take a break because obviously them writers don’t know where to put you or where to write something that’s right for the character of Jey Uso.”

Rikishi thinks Uso should be a World Champion by now due to his fanbase, questions if WWE is paying him fairly, and suggests he should explore opportunities elsewhere.

“…WWE is making money off the Yeet Man (Uso). The Yeet Man is making money himself, but the only difference is the Yeet Man is working for his money.”

Tdl1bCjDIKQ

Rikishi explained that his son has done well with merchandise, and the company is profiting from Uso’s success but not rewarding him. He also believes that Uso can succeed in All Elite Wrestling and get paid more than working for WWE.

“…The kid is so good. WWE ain’t the only spot. He can probably go to AEW, if he wanted, and write his own ticket. Maybe more than what WWE is making on him.

So you know, at the end of the day, man, this is a wrestler talking. I utilize my platform to each one teach one, but it just so happened that we talking about my boy, the Yeet Man. So hopefully, they turn it around and do the right thing behind the Yeet Man.”

Jey Uso will compete in a #1 contender’s tournament to decide who will challenge Intercontinental Champion Bron Breakker at WWE Bad Blood on October 5.

Prior to announcing his intentions to compete in the tournament, he was teasing being in a tag team with Sami Zayn. However, Zayn is currently out of action and undergoing stem cell therapy.

He has also been teased to be involved with Rhea Ripley as she feuds with Dominik Mysterio and Liv Morgan. Before the breakup between “Mamí” and “Dirty Dom,” Uso showed interest in Ripley, which caused Mysterio to be jealous. In addition, the former WWE Women’s World Champion has continued referencing on social media, as fans believe he will eventually come to her rescue to go against the new power couple. During the Judgement Day’s (Finn Balor, Carlito, JD McDonagh, Mysterio & Morgan) assault on Ripley and Damian Priest on the August 19 WWE Raw, the audience was chanting for Uso to make the save.

Despite the creative direction WWE seems to be taking Uso and being featured as a top “Babyface” superstar on Monday Night Raw, Rikishi is pushing hard for his son to get more opportunities. Like LaVar Ball did for his sons, the wrestling legend continues to be vocal about helping Uso succeed in his career.