PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura Has a New WWE Legends Deal

Kemo
08-28-2024, 01:29 AM
WoAhCKOZCRg

WWE Hall of Famer Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura has reached a new contract with WWE that just needs a handful of signatures to be made official. On the Insight podcast, Ventura was asked about his status with the company.

“I can say this, contracts have been written, contracts have been agreed upon. And all it requires is two signatures, one from them, and one from me. And I will be back with the legends.”

When asked if there’s a time frame on when this deal will be finalized, Ventura added that it’ll be “fairly quickly” and agreed with the age-old adage that “time is money.” The WWE Hall of Famer agreed with the suggestion that this new contract has been helped by the exit of Vince McMahon.

Ventura has had a contested relationship with WWE in the past, stemming from his attempts to form a wrestling union. Vince McMahon was informed of these plans by Hulk Hogan, according to Ventura, who promptly fired ‘The Body’ from the company.

Ventura’s relationship with McMahon was also soured when Jesse sued for royalties in 1991 when he learned that other non-featured performers received royalties for videotape sales. Jesse had previously been told that only featured performers received such royalties. Ventura won $801,333 on a jury verdict from Titan Sports and the judge awarded him $8,625 in back pay for all non-video WWF merchandising.

Ventura was at the July 29, 2024, edition of WWE RAW, which took place in his beloved Minnesota. Borrowing a line from CM Punk, Ventura said that “hell froze over” again, referencing his previous issues with the company.

Ventura has decades of experience in the wrestling industry and has been able to make a name for himself in politics and entertainment out of the ring. With this new contract seemingly finalized, fans can expect to see much more of ‘The Body’ in WWE projects.