PDA

View Full Version : Mandy Rose Opens Up About WWE, Her Future, and Wrestling Combine

Kemo
09-03-2024, 02:23 AM
fJYymz1mwTU

Whether it’s fitness competitions or WWE Tough Enough, Mandy Sacs (Mandy Rose) is no stranger to healthy competition. A background that made her perfect for the Wrestler’s Combine happening on September 4. The event is run in collaboration with Black Label Pro Wrestling and its card of matches as part of the Crowning Glory event in Chicago.

https://i.imgur.com/JI0IEiq.png

Fellow former WWE superstar Mojo will co-host the festivities along with “Tough Enough” winner Maven and Emmy-winning interviewer Chris Van Vliet. The show is actually streaming on Vilet’s YouTube channel. Others competing include Moose, Jordynne Grace, Parker Boudreaux, Ash by Elegance, Xia Li (Zhao Xia), Riddick Moss (Mike Rallis), and Jake Hager.

“I love competitions,” Sacs said. “I thought this one specifically was cool and unique. I think it’s cool that nobody has ever thought of a Wrestler’s Combine before. Immediately, I was like, ‘Why not? This sounds like fun.’”

“…I think the competition is pretty stacked, I must say. When I found out Jordynne Grace was going to be in it, I was like oh sh*t. I’m not afraid of everyone though. I think my confidence is top-tier. We have a lot of great competition. A good variety of women, and men of course. Xia Li, I used to work with her in WWE, as well as Ashe by Elegance. We used to be a tag team in WWE. We definitely have some history with her. I think it’s going to be really interesting. I think we all bring something different to the table.”

There are four women and four men competing in the combine itself. The participants will be put through four events.

This includes who can run the ropes the fastest, arm wrestling, a wrestler’s twist on tug-of-war, and a shoot collar and elbow tie-up. For Sacs, running the ropes is something she hasn’t done for the last year-and-a-half.

“That’s going to be interesting. I feel like once I get back in there it’s like I never left,” she said. “I have so much confidence in that, I’ll be just fine.”

When it comes to physical condition, Sacs stays ready. In fact she just got off a 12-week bodybuilding prep and will be leaner than normal when fans see her in the Wrestler’s Combine. The bombshell being back in the pro wrestling space certainly begs the question if it’s the start of a comeback.

“For sure. I think this event specifically will kind of light up a spark,” Sacs said. “I’ve done a lot of appearances, autograph signings, and stuff like that, but I haven’t done in-ring appearances. I’m not going to say exactly how all this will go down because we’re going to keep some stuff a surprise. I’m definitely excited for this in-ring appearance. It has definitely created some buzz out there. I think a lot of people are wanting a Mandy Rose comeback. So we shall see what I feel like after this Wrestler’s Combine.”

https://i.imgur.com/e1iGPgF.png

Sacs was in the biggest run of her career on NXT before WWE blindsided her with a release at the end of 2022. The record-breaking NXT Champion ended up banking big bucks to the tune of seven figures thanks to a FanTime account. Looking back, the popular performer has no hard feelings because of how things turned out since then.

“Time has flown by. I’ve been blessed with a lot of amazing opportunities during this time. A lot of things have happened in my life,” she said. “Triumph and tragedy, there have been a lot of lows and highs. I think that’s with everyone, but through it all, I think I’ve learned a lot and evolved a lot as a woman, and am proud and blessed. I practice gratitude every day. I think that’s really important. When one door closes, another opens. I think everything is meant to be. I think if there is a wrestling comeback for me in the future, we shall see.”

The 34-year-old appreciates helping to push the point that a WWE release doesn’t have to be the end. It can also be a beginning.

“You’re not going to be in WWE forever or wrestling forever,” Sacs said. “I think it’s such a great place for wrestling as a whole because there is so much opportunity out there. You see people like Ashe by Elegance and other women, even Mercedes Mone. Different people have expanded and gone to other federations and are successful.

“…I have nothing but positive things to say about WWE. I’m grateful for the platform they presented me with. I just think there are other opportunities out there as well where you can flourish. It doesn’t have to be there. I think what other women are doing is awesome. I think I am a good example to show you have a brand and you can do a lot of different things with that brand. You don’t have to be subject to just that one company per se.”

Sacs has been admittedly torn about her pro wrestling future. She is very family-oriented, and happy spending quality time with them. You may even find her at the Arthur Avenue Deli in New York these days lending a hand. The consummate businesswoman has even putting the finishing touches on an energy drink with fiancé Tino Sabbatelli.

“It is kind of like a relationship. In the last year and a half, I have been able to do a lot of different things,” she said. “…The years and holidays I’ve missed. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t regret it. It is the grind. We’re here for a reason. I got to do great things. This lifestyle is great, and I am able to make money and enjoy the beautiful things in life. It’s one of those things where do I want to leave the lifestyle I’m in right now? Then there are certain days I miss the adrenaline rush and the camaraderie. It is a hard thing to balance.”

It’s hard to believe next year will mark a decade since she started her pro wrestling journey through Tough Enough. Despite not winning, Sacs took the opportunity and the rest is history. The alum would welcome the show’s return given the life-changer it was for her and others.

“It’s crazy to reflect that was 10 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing stepping on a Skype interview for the Tough Enough interview,” she said. “I gave it my all and said what I knew. I didn’t know much. I didn’t come from a wrestling background. I wasn’t a huge fan. I wasn’t a huge fan. Something just clicked. I fell in love with the business. I fell in love with the world of wrestling. The stars aligned.”

Sacs remains booked and busy these days. She doesn’t watch the pro wrestling shows religiously, but stays updated on her good friends. Seeing the impact her group Toxic Attraction made brings a smile to her face. Since then, other girl groups have come into the fold including a new one featuring Sacs’ former tag partner Jacy Jayne called The Fatal Influence.

“I love to see Jacy work in a new dynamic. It’s cool,” she said. “Those groups are always fun to watch. It’s cool to see the different talents get together and different personalities. With Jacy, Gigi [Dolin], and myself, it was like three very different women getting together. We didn’t know what we were getting out of this. It ended up just working. It’s cool to see that. I’m excited to see where it all goes.”

If she does return the ring, Sacs has some goals. Even if it were in WWE. She wants to leave an even bigger mark.

“Making that statement whether it was on Monday Night Raw or Friday night SmackDown because I did make such a big statement on NXT,” Sacs explained. “I felt it was my time to then get to Monday or Friday and do it on the big screen. NXT is great and it’s so amazing what they’ve built, but obviously, the end goal is to be in front of thousands of people and big crowds and be on TV every week. I was with NXT but in a smaller situation. I think that would be the ultimate goal if I wanted to get back. Whether it’s with a group or by myself, that new Mandy Rose mentality of not really giving a damn and going out there and kicking butt. That would be cool.”