PDA

View Full Version : The Rock publicly outed actor Emily Blunt for ghosting him and her reply was savage

LionDen
09-03-2024, 09:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3LynzBR.jpeg

The epic duo actually have a bit of history off-stage which has gone under the radar

When we think of perfect pairings, we wouldn't necessarily put a 6ft 5 wrestling champion with a dainty, Oscar-winning British actress - they're like chalk and cheese.

But God, does it work!

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Emily Blunt starred in the hit Hollywood blockbuster Jungle Cruise, a Disney film released back in 2021.

f_HvoipFcA8

While we learned a lot about their on-screen chemistry we also discovered a thing or two about their history when the cameras weren't rolling.

The movie is actually based on the theme park ride at Disneyland, in which you can take a boat ride along a river and encounter dangerous animals.

The film was a success in the box office grossing a little over $220 million... although it had a budget of $200 million.

Johnson was allegedly paid $13 million more than Blunt, who herself landed $9 million for the role.

Before the film started shooting, the 52-year-old former WWE star was already named the lead - but he wanted to star alongside 41 year Blunt - who is married to The Office favorite John Krasinski.

So what did he do?

He recorded a video for the producers to show to her in a bid to persuade her to join the cast.

Speaking about it to the Hollywood Reporter, Johnson said: "I must have shot it about five or six times because I had not communicated with Emily yet. I had not even met her.

"And I wanted to let her know via this video just how important she was to this movie and how I only wanted her in this movie.

"And it was great. And I … I actually never heard again from Emily. Didn’t respond at all. Just ghosted me.”

But it didn't stop there, the director flew to New York to visit Blunt at her Brooklyn home in a bid to persuade her... and it didn't work.

Replying to Johnson, she savagely quipped: “I thought the video was sweet. Didn’t know you were going to be so sensitive.”

So what made her change her mind?

Having finally read the script and told that it would be similar to Indiana Jones, she was onboard... but really, who would turn down a $9 million payday?

If you're yearning for more of Blunt and Johnson on our screens then you're in luck - the pair are set to shoot The Smashing Machine together - a biographical sports drama starring the pair as husband and wife.

Johnson will play the former wrestler and mixed martial artist Mark Kerr, with Blunt as his lover.

It is earmarked for release next year.