PDA

View Full Version : Joe Tessitore Evaluates His Performance After WWE RAW Debut

Kemo
09-04-2024, 01:07 AM
7VaObKNx8sM

The September 2, episode of WWE RAW marked the commentary debut of Joe Tessitore, whose arrival was confirmed earlier this year. Tessitore has been thrown in at the deep end as the lead announcer on WWE’s flagship show, but how does he think he did?

In a WWE RAW Digital Exclusive, Tessitore said that he felt the passion and intensity of the WWE Universe in Denver, Colorado at his first ever RAW as a commentator.

“I was very into them, it was a great reception. It meant a lot to me. I brought out the little kid in me tonight.”

Assessing his performance on Raw, Tessitore said that he feels he wasn’t at his best, but is optimistic for his future on the red brand.

“I wasn’t great tonight, I wasn’t great tonight, but I was a passionate fan tonight.”

Tessitore also spoke about the show bringing out “the little kid in me” and recalled buying a bunch of merchandise from the show. Tessitore is pleased that “Night One [is] in the books” and is excited to have many more.

Tessitore may be a fresh face to the WWE Universe but he’s no stranger to high-profile sports broadcasting. Tessistore also works with ABC and ESPN and leads the latter’s world championship fight broadcasts as the blow-by-blow broadcaster for Top Rank Boxing.

Tessitore has also provided play-by-play for Monday Night Football, preparing him nicely for calling the intense action of WWE. While Tessitore will be kept plenty busy as a WWE RAW commentator, his role with the promotion will allow him to remain working with ESPN and ABC.