PDA

View Full Version : Fan on Reddit Makes Nightmare Discovery About WWE ECW DVD

Kemo
09-24-2024, 09:43 PM
:ecw:

In a recent Reddit post that has got a ton of traction and upvotes over the last few hours, a user shared a shocking discovery involving a WWE ECW DVD from the One Night Stand 2005 pay-per-view event.

The fan had come across what appeared to be a signed copy of the DVD and eagerly sought to identify the autograph. However, the answer turned out to be much more unsettling than expected.

One Night Stand 2005 was a historic event for wrestling fans, marking a reunion of ECW talent under the WWE banner. The fan who posted the story had acquired a DVD copy of the pay-per-view from their uncle and noticed a signature on the cover.

Hoping to discover which wrestling superstar had signed it, the Reddit user posted a photo in the wrestling subreddit asking for help.

"My uncle gave me the ECW One Night Stand DVD - Can someone identify the signature?

He doesn't remember if he got it signed at a signing or received it signed. Thanks!"

https://i.imgur.com/9TMVidL.jpeg

Redditors quickly chimed in with potential names, but one response stood out: the signature appeared to match none other than Chris Benoit.

For many fans, this realization was a chilling moment. Chris Benoit, a former WWE superstar, of course became infamous in June 2007 after committing a tragic murder-suicide involving his wife and son.

If the signature on the One Night Stand 2005 DVD does indeed belong to Benoit, it would have been signed within two years of the tragic events in 2007, with the DVD coming out in North America in around October 2005.

The unsettling nature of this find is compounded by the fact that Benoit participated in that very event against his longtime friend Eddie Guerrero, making it a haunting connection for wrestling fans and collectors alike.

Reactions to the post were mixed. Some found the discovery eerie and tragic, while others marveled at the DVD’s historical value despite its unfortunate association.