PDA

View Full Version : WWE Moves to Trademark ‘YES YES YES’ After Blocking Bryan Danielson’s Attempt

Kemo
10-02-2024, 01:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/6ygSjiI.png

In the 2010s, no catchphrase took the wrestling world by storm like ‘YES YES YES’ as used by Daniel Bryan during his rise to the top of WWE. The three-word phrase was used on countless pieces of merchandise during Bryan’s time with the company, and though that tenure ended over three years ago, WWE isn’t ready to part ways with the phrase.

WWE has filed a trademark for YES YES YES with the USPTO for the use on various pieces of merchandise. WWE’s move to own the term comes after Bryan (now Bryan Danielson in AEW) filed for the term in July of this year. Speaking ahead of All In: London 2024 with Luke James Chats, Danielson shared that his manager told him that the term was available and didn’t cost much to trademark.

Following his application, Bryan claims he was sent a legal form of some kind by WWE that insinuated that he was infringing on something WWE owned, despite the term being available to be trademarked. As of September 20, the filing was labeled as abandoned.

ULOIxaArAOM

Danielson certainly has shown no sign of returning to WWE, as he not only holds the AEW World Championship but has actively spoken about winding down his career in the ring. Nevertheless, WWE is seeking the term for the use on merchandise that one would assume would be about AEW’s resident American Dragon. Stay tuned to SEScoops for the latest trademark news as well as news on the AEW World Champion.

Bigfoot
10-02-2024, 01:46 PM
Interesting. Wasn't the "Yes" chant originally used by one of the UFC fighters back in the day? Can't remember which one, but thinking it was Nick Diaz maybe? I maybe wrong on both accounts though.

Kemo
10-03-2024, 08:47 PM
Interesting. Wasn't the "Yes" chant originally used by one of the UFC fighters back in the day? Can't remember which one, but thinking it was Nick Diaz maybe? I maybe wrong on both accounts though.

I don't remember that. I've only known it to be in relation to Bryan Danielson.