PDA

View Full Version : Bronson Reed Never Doubted WWE Return After 2021 NXT Release

Kemo
10-09-2024, 07:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GnQs12J.png

In August 2021, Bronson Reed was released from WWE NXT, mere weeks after holding the brand’s North American Championship. Shortly after his exit, it was reported that Vince McMahon didn’t see him as a main roster talent, and therefore felt he had no reason to keep the Australian around.

16 months, and a massive change in management, later, Reed returned to WWE and has been a force to be reckoned with ever since. Speaking on the Insight podcast, Reed shared that he always had faith that he’d be a WWE Superstar again.

“I had a lot of faith that when I was released that I would end up back in WWE. I didn’t think it would be so soon… I was planning maybe three or four years, maybe I could get a good run in Japan for a couple of years and then be back in WWE.”

Reed’s return saw him align with The Miz and help the A-Lister win a Ladder match with Dexter Lumis, a somewhat odd return for the Australian. On the podcast, Reed admitted that this unconventional return was hardly what he had in mind.

“I think this sort of happens at times. Obviously, I’d been rehired, they want to use me. They don’t really know what to do with me. So they sort of just rush something.”

Despite an auspicious return, Reed has become a major player in recent months, thanks in part to his attack on Seth Rollins that saw him level the Visionary with six Tsunamis.

“I spoke with Hunter right afterwards and he said that’s a moment that will last forever, they can replay that as much as possible. It’s nowhere near as good… but it’s like Stone Cold at King of the Ring doing the 3:16 line, that promo, you instantly remember it, and you instantly remember a switch and his character and where it went from then.”

Reed’s attack on Rollins came back to haunt him recently when the Visionary returned to attack Reed in the Last Monster Standing match. While he may not have bested Braun Strowman, who is now out with a groin injury, a budding program with Seth Rollins, one of WWE’s very top names, certainly bodes well for the future of Bronson Reed.