PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton Sees Bright Future For Je’Von Evans After WWE NXT Match

Kemo
10-09-2024, 07:42 PM
NeqPaZMXGcs

On the October 8, edition of WWE NXT, Randy Orton returned to St. Louis to battle Je’Von Evans, in only Orton’s second-ever match as part of the brand. In the end, the Viper was able to drop the Young OG with an RKO in a high-profile match that was part of NXT’s head-to-head efforts with AEW Dynamite: Title Tuesday.

In a WWE NXT Digital Exclusive, Orton shared his excitement to be back in his hometown and was thrilled he had the chance to work with Evans.

“I got to work with an incredible talent tonight, only 20 years old. You know him, he’s bouncy, Je’Von Evans. Dude, I’m very excited to see where he goes in the future. He’s gonna be around for as long as he wants to be.”

Despite their very different in-ring styles, Orton shared that he and Evans have a lot in common when asked for advice for the Young OG.

“I think that he needs to keep doing what he’s doing. But what I noticed first and foremost after meeting him for the first time today, he’s incredibly humble, he has nothing but respect for the business and the guys like me, the old fuddy-duddies that have been here for over 20 years, and you know what, that means a lot.”

Evans may not have won this week, but sharing the ring with a 14-time former WWE World Champion is another feather in the cap of the 20-year-old NXT prodigy. With high-profile matches already under his belt, and now Orton’s endorsement, the future, however long it may be, certainly looks bright for Je’Von Evans.