PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Shares Five-Year Vision For WrestleMania In The UK

Kemo
10-14-2024, 10:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/d7M8GNk.png

For years, WWE fans in the UK have wished for WrestleMania to come to the country, which up until recently seemed like it was an impossibility. At Money in the Bank 2023, John Cena shared his intentions to bring WrestleMania to London, and Cody Rhodes is among those eager to see such an event take place.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live to promote WWE’s ongoing tour of the UK, the Undisputed WWE Champion reflected on Cena’s statement and the sway the WWE icon carries.

“I don’t know if that was on the books anywhere. I don’t know if that was something that had been, I don’t know where that was. But when the greatest of all time as we like to call John, goes out there and says it, it almost wills itself into existence.”

Rhodes believes that a UK-based WrestleMania should, and could happen, and brought up Paul Levesque’s meeting with London mayor Sadiq Khan. Later in the interview, the American Nightmare gave a timeline as to when fans could expect WrestleMania in the UK.

“If I’m aiming, it would be cool to get it [in the UK] in the next five years. There’s some really big venues over here that could host a WrestleMania.”

The UK crowd is known for being passionate and they certainly made their voices heard when Rhodes pushed for a WrestleMania in the country earlier this year. With Levesque saying that everything is on the table regarding an international WrestleMania, don’t be surprised if the Showcase of the Immortals comes to the UK in the coming years.

LionDen
10-15-2024, 03:12 AM
UK crowds are great. I guess he could be saying this because AEW does well over there right now but I am sure this was always part of the bigger plan for WWE.