PDA

View Full Version : Matt Morgan Talks about His New Movie Role + Plus behind the scene Photos

Dangerous Incorporated
11-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Matt Morgan Talks about His New Movie Role + Plus behind the scene Photos

Recently Matt Morgan took some time out of his busy schedule of traveling and working all around the world to answer a few questions about the upcoming movie he is involved in, here is what Matt had to say about his upcoming motion picture role in the film entitled 'Piper'."

First off, Can you give us a run down of the plot for your new movie?

This movie is titled "Piper". It takes place in 1965 in Rome Italy. There is a lot to this comedy based on four main Italian actors. My role is I play Mark Kendall. In this film, Mark Kendall is a very famous American actor who plays Hercules. He has an alcohol problem, he is a womanizer, and is very into himself. Basically he is a stuck-up, self indulging, arrogant American!! Luckily I get to be in some scenes with some of Italy's best actors which made my job that much easier!

This is the first motion picture you are staring in, how did it go? did you have any challenges on set?

I couldn't have been any more excited to do this film! See, the wrestling company I work for in Italy, NWE, called me and told me they got a call from a very important man who wanted me to be the role of Hercules (Mark Kendall) for this movie.

The director was flipping around the TV channels when he came to one of my wrestling promos that was airing at the time in Italy and from what I was told "he dropped his remote control in amazement at my height and muscle" and must know how to contact me at once! He wanted to create a character for me for this movie he was shooting in just one short month. So when I got to the set, he was so nice and so professional to work for.

He spoke perfect English which obviously helped me immensely! As far as challenges, the acting was the easy part. However, I had to speak certain words in Italian which I am still learning. At first it seemed hard, but I practiced it enough to where the director felt comfortable with me speaking more Italian when it came up.

If you could, would you like to continue acting, what Movie star would you like to work with?

I would like to work with Sylvester Stallone one day. See when I got released from WWE, I had an opportunity to be casted in Rambo 4. But I had just hurt my shoulder and unfortunately had to get surgery at the same time I was to be casted. As soon as my surgery was over I was supposed to do rehab and not touch weights in the gym for 1 month at least. But I did not listen, and I tried to get out to CA for the film, but learned they gave my role to someone else as they needed me 6 weeks earlier.

So I am very blessed that this movie came my way the way it did! I am a wrestler first and foremost. But you can't beat making money acting and not having to harm your body along the way like I do in wrestling. As long as I can continue to do my tours in Japan, and Italy and not miss them, I would absolutely do more movies that come my way!! In fact, if this movie goes well for me, there is talk of them making a movie series based on my Hercules character! This character has a lot of upside because I get to show the many emotions that this Mark Kendall (Hercules) character had at this time in his life.

So this is a really fun role to play. He isn’t just some meathead who grunts and growls with his knuckles dragging on the ground. He is a very deep and dark character with a lot of problems that many can identify with!

What type of movie role do you think Matt Morgan would best portray?

I think I can play both sides of the coin so to speak. I am freakishly big, however when I shave my facial hair, I have such a baby face! The casting person on this movie particularly thinks this gives me much more acting and role range, as other muscle actors only have the one look. So I think I could be a very good villain, but maybe also I could be that giant teddy bear who sticks up for the little people. I don’t know, we'll see!

The movie is being filmed in Italy, Is it an Italian movie? or is it a movie in English?

This is an Italian movie filmed in Rome Italy right next to the famed Coliseum. So that was pretty cool to see in person. I couldn't believe how huge it was and how much of it was still standing!! Very impressive to say the least. I speak in English with some Italian along the way!

How did this role come your way? what contact did you have with the producers/Director and what was the Audition process?

There was no audition process. I was on my way to wrestle when I got a phone call from my friend Roberto of NWE of Italy. They told me that the director saw one of my wrestling matches and promos on TV the day before and wanted me for this movie at once. In fact, there originally was no role for my character at the start. The director created this character based on what he saw on his TV that night!! And if I could not make the movie on time, there would be no replacement, they would not have the Hercules character altogether!

So that has got to be the biggest compliment that I have ever gotten!! He thought I was extremely intense and could not believe he saw a near 7 foot 330 pound man who could actually talk and not look lethargic as he puts it!! I was told if this went well, there would be a lot more to come, and they did not lie as the day I shot my scenes, there was 5 other directors on hand to talk to me about upcoming films. So this has been a weird, but fantastic experience for me, and I could not thank NWE, or the cast of "Piper" any more

Credit - Http://www.Matt-Morgan.org

Dont forget to check out EXCLUSIVE photos of MAtt Morgan on the Set Of Piper, over at Http://www.matt-morgan.org

scorpionf
11-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Um... I can't even remember who he is!!!

He looks kind of familiar, but I really don't recall him in the WWE, so he must not have made that much of an impression on me...

Oh well, good luck to him with his movie career.