PDA

View Full Version : Cryme Time Gets Play On Msnbc, Wwe Looking Into Starting Their Own Mma Group?

Dangerous Incorporated
12-02-2006, 12:13 AM
CRYME TIME GETS PLAY ON MSNBC, WWE LOOKING INTO STARTING THEIR OWN MMA GROUP?

Tuesday night on Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, he showed the Cryme Tyme/Michael Richards clip from Raw during his “Keeping Tabs” segment (where he tracks entertainment news). He did identify Cryme Tyme and then Olbermann made a similar comment that JR did during the show about how this may have been a preferred way of dealing with Richards but then threw in the irony of WWE running skit this after “years of their making money off of stereotypes and prejudices”. Olbermann missed the more pressing irony of the stereotypic black, criminal, thug characters being the ones dealing with the racist comic.

I just got done listening to the “Savage-Dog” Audio show on Sherdog.com. Jeff Sherwood, the founder of the site, mentioned that the WWE was looking into starting its own MMA organization after the talks with PRIDE failed.

All I can add to that is I haven't heard anything about it. I know that internally, Shane McMahon is the big MMA fan.

Source: PWInsider

Will
12-02-2006, 09:53 AM
CRYME TIME GETS PLAY ON MSNBC, WWE LOOKING INTO STARTING THEIR OWN MMA GROUP?

I just got done listening to the “Savage-Dog” Audio show on Sherdog.com. Jeff Sherwood, the founder of the site, mentioned that the WWE was looking into starting its own MMA organization after the talks with PRIDE failed.

All I can add to that is I haven't heard anything about it. I know that internally, Shane McMahon is the big MMA fan.

Source: PWInsider

That is one of the worst ideas that I have ever read. There is no one in the world that would believe a MMA company was credible if its parent company was the WWE. Not that it matters anyway, because Vince would turn the sex and drama up so high that it would just be a 4th wrestling brand after 2 months anyway.