PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Deal Could Benefit Wwe, Sylvester Stallone Praises Professional Wrestlers

Dangerous Incorporated
12-11-2006, 03:03 AM
NEW HOLLYWOOD DEAL COULD BENEFIT WWE, SYLVESTER STALLONE PRAISES PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS, RAW TOMORROW & MORE

Monday Night Raw will be taped in Uncasville, CT tomorrow with Edge vs. Triple H, WWE champion John Cena vs. Armando Alejandro Estrada, and the next step in Victoria's quest to win the WWE Women's championship scheduled.

In a deal that could end up benefiting World Wrestling Entertainment down the line, Variety is reporting that The Weinstein Brother's company, Genius Entertainment has signed a five year deal with TV movie giant RHI Enterprises to co-produce and co-finance an unspecified number of television projects including series, miniseries and telepictures. It's possible that deal could see some original WWE Films productions designed as made-for-cable productions fall under the banner. One of the cable networks RHI creates original films for is the SciFi Network, which of course airs WWE's relaunched version of Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Several readers sent word that those with Howard TV (Howard Stern On Demand), his 10/6/06 episode featuring Chris Kanyon is now available for viewing under the Favorite Guest Section.

The ECW December to Dismember DVD will be released on 12/26. Yeah, I'm rushing to get my copy, too.

Mike Brown sent the following tidbit where Sylvester Stallone praises professional wrestlers as well as former NWA and ECW World champion Terry Funk:

To help promote the forthcoming "Rocky Balboa", Ain't It Cool News is running a 20 part series of Q&A with Sylvester Stallone. In the seventh edition, http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30919, Sly puts over his love of pro wrestling and the work he's done with Terry Funk. So far the series has been a lot of fun.

Question - Is it me, or did you grow up a pro wrestling fan? From Paradise Alley to Thunderlips, wrasslin' has popped up in your movies. If I'm not mistaken, your mom was even a manager in GLOW (the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling). Obviously, we all know wrestling is entertainment and really about telling stories with violence. So are there any tricks from the squared circle that you've incorporated into your flicks? Joe V

Stallone - I’m a big fan of wrestling. Wrestling is vascular fairytales performed between half-ton behemoths under the hot lights of battle. Good against evil, and every problem in the world is solved by a forearm to the throat or a knee to the package crammed into a straining Speedo. I’ve used a great wrestler named Terry Funk, who was in PARADISE ALLEY and he choreographed much of the street fighting in ROCKY V. I’m really impressed with the skill and strength and body intelligence that these men possess.

Source: PWInsider