PDA

View Full Version : Possible Wrestlemania 23 Matches

AFC1986
12-13-2006, 11:05 PM
source: gerweck.net

With no matches officially announced, here is a list of matches being discussed for Wrestlemania 23 at Ford Field in Detroit:

- The Undertaker vs. Batista (Wrestlemania winning streak vs. World title)
- John Cena vs. Triple H or Randy Orton (Cena is scheduled to hold the WWE title until Wrestlemania, but of course, that could always change)
- Mick Foley vs. Vince McMahon
- The Big Show vs. Hulk Hogan
- Bobby Lashley vs. CM Punk
- JBL vs. ?

* WWE has given up on trying to convince Steve Austin to wrestle, but he is penciled in to have a role on the show.

again, nothing official at this point

Bush_Daddy
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
wow that would be interesting to see if those possible matches hold up. Batista and Undertaker would be a good one, never thought about those 2 fighting each other. I don't know about mick foley and vince mcmahon fighting on wrestlemania. To me thats just not right to fight on a one time thing, their matches should be for guys who deserve to be there not for them old timers to steal the spotlight.

AFC1986
12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
out of the possible matches the only ones i don't like are triple h v cena as we saw that last year and as good as he is and as much as i like triple h i want to see someone other than triple h in the title match. i also don't like the possibility of a match between batista and undertaker as undertaker only wrestles part-time which would mean batista will win. i don't want that as undertaker's undefeated streak at wrestlemania is a huge part of his legacy and it will make wrestlers like triple h, ric flair, kevin nash, jimmy snuka and kane look bad as they all lost to taker at wrestlemania and were all better when they faced him than batista is right now

DEMON
12-14-2006, 12:24 AM
JBL vs. "The MIZ"!
With all the crap that JBL dishes out about The MIZ on a weekly basis(or at least when he's on SD),it would be a no-brainer for that match.

As far as Taker vs. Batista,I'm with everyone else so far on this one,and IMHO,there isn't a chance in hell that Batista should be the guy to end Takers streak at WM.

Now onto Foley vs. McMahon,this is a developing story that started,what,2 months ago with Melina firing Foley?This will be Foleys "revenge" match,and thats all it will be.

Now onto to that other "useless P.O.S."...
Hogan doesn't need to be on this card as far as I'm concerned,but hey,at least I'll have a "bathroom break match" with him being on the card again.
Hell I'll probably be able to run out to the store and get more beer,what with the "20 minute pose down",as well as the 5 minute "fan appreciation walk" back up the ramp after the match.
That should give me a grand total of 35 minutes to go to the bathroom and than go out to the store(I'll have to have someone else drive:joker: !!!!)to get more beer...10 for the match itself,20 for the posedown,5 for him to leave the damn walkway!!
(OH)BROTHER!:haha: :thankyou:

demolition89
12-14-2006, 05:25 AM
I'd like to see Cena vs Orton myself. Mcmahon vs Foley could work, if they worked Austin in as the Special Guest Referee or Enforcer outside the Ring. Speaking of Austin, I know he doesn't want to wrestle but I could Imagine a Tag Team Match ~ Austin/ Foley vs McMahon/ Bischoff.