PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Yates Set to Return to Court

Angelique
03-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Andrea Yates is set to return to court in Houston Monday to face a second trial in the 2001 drowning deaths of her five children.

Yates rejected a plea deal that would have sent her to prison for 35 years and again pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

The first trial resulted in a conviction of capital murder and a life sentence, but a state appeals court overturned the verdict after finding a prosecution expert had testified falsely.

Yates' attorney argued that she should not be retried on the grounds that she would face double jeopardy because of prosecution misconduct in the first trial. But a judge ordered Yates to trial.

Rusty Yates divorced Andrea in March 2005, three years after she was sentenced to life in prison. He remarried over the weekend.

*this woman should NOT be in trial again.. she killed her kids and she should die. Whatever happened to *eye for an eye* type society?

dutigaf
03-21-2006, 01:27 AM
im all over this type of shit.... could killl her in a heartbeat and never loose any sleep. she doesnt deserve to be here.

Swindleberry has known me for a while, and knows how i feel on this stuff. several years ago i lost one of my little angels. and it just wears me the hell out to see people who have no apprc for how precious life is....