PDA

View Full Version : C.M. Punk's excellent adventure

Dangerous Incorporated
01-04-2007, 10:48 PM
C.M. Punk's excellent adventure

WWE up-and-comer on monikers, mortars and lifestyle movements

He doesn't drink alcohol or do drugs. According to World Wrestling Entertainment's Web site, he claims luck is for losers, even though his arm is tattooed with good-luck charms. He has adopted the "straight-edge" movement of basing life around personal development.
C.M. Punk has arrived at WWE, and his unique lifestyle and wrestling abilities are catching on. In his WWE pay-per-view debut last month, Punk received arguably the loudest ovation of the evening. That means the cheers for him were just as loud, if not louder, as those for mainstays like Shawn Michaels and John Cena.

With WWE returning to the Peoria Civic Center at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Cue punk'd Punk with questions about young wrestlers and old "Simpsons" characters (more on that in a second) in this week's Cue and A.

- John Sharp

What the heck does the name mean?

I'm not sure if you are a "Simpsons" fan or not, but there is a character, Mr. Burns - C.M. Burns. It's an inside rib, as they say in the business. They didn't have a name for me. Everyone since I was a little kid said I was a punk. My trainers threw me in the ring and threw the C.M. thing in there. I like Mr. Burns, what can I say?

You live by something called the "straight edge" lifestyle. Do you think this philosophy will catch on like Hulk Hogan's 1980s credo of "train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins"?

Well, honestly, I am not one to preach. I don't throw my values to anyone else. Around the wrestling business ... there are a lot who like to drink. It's their decision. It's my decision not to drink. It's a lifetime commitment. I don't know if it will catch on. I want everyone to realize that it's an individual choice to freely think and do whatever they want to do. If I help someone abstain from drugs and alcohol, then that would be great.

Recently, WWE went to Iraq. Could you tell me about some of the experiences you had over there?

We got mortared over there. I wasn't as close as one of our groups (was). As soon as it hit, a whole bunch of soldiers who were waiting in line for autographs, they ran out to the site of the bombing. It's not a job where they go ... 8 in the morning until 2 o'clock. There are men and women over there working 18-hour shifts. I have a whole new appreciation for the military as a whole.

There are many changes going on in ECW. First, Big Show is gone and Lashley is the new champion. It also appears that Paul Heyman is gone. Looking forward, do you think the ECW product is going to be good enough, or are you itching to jump to "Monday Night RAW"?

I'll jump to "Monday Night RAW" after I get the ECW title. I'm a guy who wants to conquer everything I do. I think, inevitably, "Monday Night RAW" is an option for me.

You are considered a future WWE star. What are your thoughts on the current state of the sports entertainment industry?

WWE is the one and only place if you want to make a true living and if you want to be recognized across the world. They are on an upswing. With the crop of new talent we have coming up, I think I will hopefully be a part of the next boom period, and I hope that is around the corner in the next two to three years.

Source: PJSTAR.com

The CM is from Burns? :lmao:

marcusfenix
01-05-2007, 06:08 AM
in the ign interview (http://sports.ign.com/articles/748/748635p1.html), he said it originally stood for "chick magnet" and everytime someone asked him in interviews, etc, he'll always make something up :lmao:

Will
01-05-2007, 08:23 AM
From the ign interview.

December 1, 2006 - I'm preparing to interview CM Punk, trying to think of a variety of questions I can cram into whatever time he has to talk, but no matter how much I think Straight Edge, ECW, ROH, and pay-per-views, my mind can't seem to get past one basic question: what the hell does CM stand for?

"It's mostly my fault," laughs Punk when I ask him the question, "because every time someone asks me, I tell them something different."

The real answer?

"Originally it stood for Chick Magnet. I got put into a tag team with this other dude on a whim because somebody didn't show up to a show. It was only supposed to be a one-shot deal, I wasn't even ready to wrestle yet, I didn't have gear or anything, they just put me in the ring and beat the crap out of me. I had to come back the next month and the next month and it was something that stuck. I tried to get rid of it, and it wound up getting shortened to the initials. I was always Punk, but Chick Magnet at least got shortened to CM. I tell people it stands for C. Montgomery Burns, as in Mr. Burns from The Simpsons. I tell people they are initials for my real name, Chuck Mosley, which is not true at all. I'll say it stands for Crooked Moonsault, Charles Manson…Cookie Monster is another good one."

Cookie Monster Punk, I like it.

Mystery solved.

robnmish
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
dudes got maria who cares about anything else