PDA

View Full Version : WWE Working On Family Funk Project, K-Fed Turns Down BB & More

Dangerous Incorporated
01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
WWE Working On Family Funk Project, K-Fed Turns Down BB & More

WWE sent a camera crew to Ocala, Florida yesterday to interview former NWA champion Dory Funk Jr. for a forthcoming DVD. The Ocala Star-Banner noted the company was making a DVD dedicated to the Funk family (I wish) but my guess is that this was for the already-announced Wrestling Families-themed release for later this year. The Star-Banner article features comments from Funk, several of his students, and WWE DVD Producer Kieran Bent at this link. (http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070105/NEWS/201050355/1001/NEWS01)

WWE Diva Candice Michelle will appear at the San Jose Auto Show on 1/13 from 1-3 PM. I'm pretty sure this is her first public appearance since suffering the nose injury from a stiff Victoria kick a few weeks back.

HispanicBusiness.com reported that Smackdown dropped to fifth among Hispanic viewers during the holiday season, topped by a George Lopez show marathon, Univision telenovela "Feas Mas Bella", and Deal or No Deal, among others.

Former WWE star and Tough Enough alumni Chris Nowinski is the subject of Alex Marvez' latest syndicated wrestling column. Nowinski, who's career was ended by a terrible concussion and has since authored a book about concussions (Head Games: Football's Concussion Crisis) and their effects on athletes, still suffers to this day from his health issues. He noted to Marvez he still has splitting headaches and trouble sleeping. "It's reached a point where I can work at a regular job but it's not ever going to be what it was," said Nowinski. "My memory is mostly back. When I don't have headaches, I don't ever think about it. When I have to try and slog through the day, I can't help but wish it hadn't happened." To read the complete article, click here. For more information on Nowinski's book, visit www.chrisharvard.net.

The 1/15 edition of People Magazine featured a mention of the John Cena-Kevin Federline match from Raw. It's a weird thing in that WWE got a ton of mentions for the Federline deal, but none of them were really positive for the company (or even Federline, when you think about it). For those of you interested, Federline recently turned down an offer to appear on the British version of reality series "Big Brother."

Source: PWInsider

With K-Fed turning down BB makes me think WWE may have made him a better offer maybe to show up @ NYR?

dondcook
01-08-2007, 12:45 PM
kfed..the man lmao