PDA

View Full Version : McMahon's Reaction To "TNA" Chants, Backstage Reaction To 1/8 RAW

Dangerous Incorporated
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
McMahon's Reaction To "TNA" Chants, Backstage Reaction To 1/8 RAW

During the Rosie vs. Trump match on RAW, some fans in attendance were chanting "TNA" and possibly "VKM" as well. According to a fan in attendance, Vince McMahon, who was sitting by Lilian Garcia, acted like he didn't hear the chants. However, there was one fan right behind him that was repeatedly screaming "TNA, TNA, TNA" in his ear. When this happened, Vince McMahon's smile to the match toned down considerably. Furthermore, his body language seemed to go from excited to slouched down & bored while people in the Scottrade Center chanted his competitor's name.

Internally Monday night's edition of RAW was seen as an utter disaster and embarrassment. It was likely due to the Rosie vs. Trump match as it failed to a monumental degree in the building and had the fans loudly chanting "TNA!"

Sources: Pro Wrestling Torch, www.f4wonline.com

The "Rosie" vs. "Trump" match hasn't gotten as much mainstream publicity as WWE probably hoped for. I have only been able to find a single article on TMZ.com on the stunt.

jockyjoe
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
When is Vince going to realise these things he thinks up are not funny in the slightest?

He must feel shocked with that loud a TNA chant. I don't think he even considers TNA competition. Today or in the future. He needs to think up better storylines and push guys like Benjamin and Carlito more.

mikedudelang
01-12-2007, 03:34 PM
vince is the man but he's a bit out of touch. the second i saw rosie vs. trump in the raw intro, i knew it was gonna suck terribly. i really think vince needs to bring in another writer with some fresh ideas, someone with a eye towards the future. these stupid rosie, donald trump, kevin federline things are as bad as when david arquette won the wcw heavyweight belt. wrestlers wrestle...stop bringing in idiot hollywood crap.

Will
01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
vince is the man but he's a bit out of touch. the second i saw rosie vs. trump in the raw intro, i knew it was gonna suck terribly. i really think vince needs to bring in another writer with some fresh ideas, someone with a eye towards the future. these stupid rosie, donald trump, kevin federline things are as bad as when david arquette won the wcw heavyweight belt. wrestlers wrestle...stop bringing in idiot hollywood crap.

K-fed is no where near being like Arquette winning the title. He only charges $15k a show but he brings in a million new viewers just to see him get beat up and he never tries to get over as a serious competitor. He has been far more valuable to the product then most of the actual wrestlers. They make a lot of dumb moves, but Kfed isn't one of them.

King Sir Greatness
01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
The "Rosie" vs. "Trump" match hasn't gotten as much mainstream publicity as WWE probably hoped for. I have only been able to find a single article on TMZ.com on the stunt.

I was channel-surfing and came across it being talked about on The Insider. I think that was the show name...the one with Pat O'Brien.

godsize
01-12-2007, 09:25 PM
stupid matches like this is why people arent watching raw anymore and hopefully the reaction of the fans will finally open vinces eyes

Bajingo
01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Vince will never accept the notion that everyone of his ideas are anything less than gold. He has a huge ego, but who wouldn't if they took a carnival sideshow act and turned it into a global billion dollar company like he did. The bottom line is that he will continue to do whatever he wants, regardless of what everyone else says.