PDA

View Full Version : Museum Ghost

W-OLF
03-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Museum Ghost

by mwaddell@indy.net

A few years ago I worked in the county museum which was housed in one of our town's founding father's old homes. It is a beautiful Gothic Revival style mansion and has been immaculately kept. I was in charge of security and m maintenance, and I was the first on the list to be called if the audio alarm ever went off. On Christmas morning of 1988, the security company called me around 7:00 a.m. and told me they heard children's voices and a dog barking. I went to the house to investigate and found absolutely nothing. The house, like our entire small city, were quiet on Christmas morning. A former employee of the museum--a total skeptic--onces admitted to seeing a lady in a long, white Victorian gown walking down the upstairs hall. Others had seen her as well over the many years the house had been open to the public. When I was attending classes at the local university, I would often go there at night to type my papers, and frequently I heard creaking floorboards, closing doors, and distant voices. Usually, I ran out of the building as quick as I could! The house itself is gorgeous--beautiful gardens, ornate rooms...but there is definetly a "feel" to the place. My only direct encounter was when I went to use the basement lavatory one day and found myself "locked" in by a giggling child. I went to open the door and found it forced shut by "someone", and I heard a yong child laughing on the other side of the door. Often, the house smelled inexplicably like roses. Other than these incidences, I'm not aware of many other occurences. Nothing was ever threatening about the place...only odd.
Credit Shadowlands

Mr Mando
03-27-2006, 08:12 PM
not weird lol