PDA

View Full Version : Austin Upset With Hogan's Comments; Possible Match Update, More

bad_meetz_evil
04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Reports indicate that Steve Austin was a bit upset at the 2006 Hall of Fame ceremony when Hulk Hogan made the choice to push a possible match between the two before his induction of Mean Gene Okerlund. Austin felt that was not the time or the place to push a big money match as he felt the night belonged to the inductees.

Austin's line about finding a can of "whoop ass" with Hulk Hogan's name on it was not scripted and no one knew Austin was going to say it. The old saying of whoever has the mic last no doubt came into play with this situation as Austin informed people after the show that he planned on saying a few more one-liners at Hogan, but held back when he knew he had the crowd on his side.

Neither Hogan nor Austin had any sort of interaction at the Hall of Fame. Austin has stated on more than one occasion to friends that if it didn’t happen this year, it wouldn’t happen at all. Austin has made it clear that he has zero intentions of ever wrestling Hulk Hogan.

Previously, Austin was offered a huge seven figure payoff to wrestle Hogan at Wrestlemania, but turned it down. Hogan had reportedly already agreed to the offer and that it was up to Austin to make it happen. Based on what is known, Austin is at peace with never wrestling again and has stated that if he ever comes back for one last match, it would never be against Hulk Hogan as he doesn't want to share a payday with him and get involved in the politics. So if we are to ever see Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin in a WWE ring, it will be up to Austin and if that is the case, many feel it isn't highly likely to happen.

Metalring
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I know that its Austin's decision but if I were him I'd face Hogan for the fans.We would kill to see Hogan vs Austin.