PDA

View Full Version : The Future Of WWE Announcing, Backstage WWE News

F4L
02-28-2007, 06:26 AM
02/27/2007 by Ryan Clark

In case you missed Kris Zellner's Lucha Report, WWE Smackdown superstar Funaki will be working for Ultimo Dragon's Toryumon promotion in Monterrey, Mexico on Saturday.

Shane and Vince McMahon recently met to discuss them possibly entering into the MMA world. Shane is said to be all for it, while Vince feels MMA is oversaturated right now in the United States.

There have been suggestions made internally to replace Jim Ross with Michael Cole as the lead voice on Raw. Cole would continue to also do Smackdown. Ross signed a one year contract last fall, which would prevent him from leaving the company until at least this coming fall. Many believe Cole calling the Royal Rumble match this year was a telling sign about the future of WWE announcing.

dashowstar
02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
I seriously hope that isnt true. Jim Ross is the best announcer in wrestling the best since Gordon Solie but Michael Cole is doing a hell of a job but I want my son to grow up watching JR someone I know just like I did with my dad when we watched Mid Atlantic when I was a kid and he watched Gordon Solie and I grew to respect him.

Big Evil
02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
That really sucks to hear that the WWE is possibly replacing Jim Ross. He is truly one of the best color commentators I have ever had the opportunity to listen to. He is one of the greats, and I like many others have an immense respect for the man. Michael Cole will not be able to live up to him. On another note, it is interesting to see that the McMahons might possible enter into MMA. However, I don't see how they would be a prospect in the business.

bad_meetz_evil
02-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Wasnt J.R. allready replaced like 10 times before, and came back?

wwe9112
02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
how in the sams hell is the shane gunna make it in mma hes a puss lol

Super Klawz
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
^^^That was a WWE9112 moment

J.R is by far my favourite announcer but I don't know the actual reason why. Micheal cole however is good imo and it wouldn't be that bad if he did both shows but it wasn't the same with Joey Styles and it won't be the same with Micheal Cole but I guess WWE had to move on some time

legolas4792
03-01-2007, 12:35 AM
i dont think mcmahon will ever get rid of JR but he seems desperate now