PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks Hogan vs. Austin, Mankind, Sable, HOF, More

AFC1986
03-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Jim Ross recently updated his B-Log on this website again. The following are the highlights from the latest submission:

- Ross discussed the Hall Of Fame, and once again stresses that he does not have any information about who is being considered for induction and who isn't (and why).

- Concerning the "glory period" of wrestling Ross, feels for him it was either the 80's with the various territories or the "Attitude Era" of WWE.

- Regarding the series of interviews Ross conducted with Mankind (which really opened up that character to the viewing audience), he feels they "were some of the best and most effective interviews I have ever been a part of".

- Regarding Lance Russell inducting Jerry Lawler into the Hall Of Fame (which apparently was suggested at one point), Ross writes "I assume Lance Russell is not inducting The King into the 2007 HOF. Too bad, as I was looking forward to visiting with Lance who, along with his wife Audrey, are wonderful folks. Lance anchored the Memphis wrestling TV show forever and was arguably the second most popular person on the show next to the King himself. Who knows for sure who will induct Jerry as it might be Lance after all."

- Ross isn't sure when Chris Masters will reach the main event level, and suggests Masters study tapes of Paul Orndorff.

- In regards to the "Who was bigger, Austin or Hogan?" question (which we get constantly here at the site as well) Ross writes: "Who out drew who? Who had the biggest year ever for a wrestler in the WWE? We get this question a great deal. Steve Austin had by far the biggest single year ever and had several huge money making years to go along with that one. Hogan may have had more years on top as he was in a main event position longer than Austin, but no one in WWE history ever surpassed Steve’s single season earnings record. For the good of the business, I hope someone does some day."

- Ross talks about Sable being rehired in 2003, and that there were no problems with her during her last run.

You can read the full blog at jrsbarbq.com.

EDIT: Credit removed

i agree that masters isn't yet ready to be in the main-event as in my opinion, he is nothing more than just an ordinary wrestler and there isn't anything that stands out about him

Spawn
03-05-2007, 05:30 PM
All they do with him is the masta lock challenge....But yeah, he isnt ready yet.

LionDen
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Already posted here (http://www.uowforums.com/showthread.php?t=74728).

As for the credit you gave, now you realise that other websites take credit for other peoples news and you should be wary about this. Alot of these other wrestling websites have no respect, they do not even change the words around when they take the credit.

Alot of people go to these websites for news and believe these people wrote the article, which is wrong. If they changed the words around, then cool but ....

Pisses me off as alot of you already know.

CLOSED