PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Refuses To Promote, Austin’s Movie Note, More

AFC1986
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Partial Credit: PWInsider.com

- This June WWE was scheduling to release a three disc “Best Of The Rock” DVD set. The Rock was asked if he could help promote the DVD set when it was released and he refused. With that being said, they might not be releasing the DVD after all.

- This week Mick Foley’s third autobiography will be debuting in 7th place on the New York Times bestsellers list. Although his first two made their debut in the first place, 'The Hardcore Dairies' did pretty good considering the lack of marketing on WWE television until recently.

- WWE will be screening for the first time on Friday, March 30th, at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, Steve Austin’s new movie “The Condemned”. Most WWE Superstars will be attendance and fans who purchased the Wrestlemana Travel Package were given this deal. All the complimentary

i'm disappointed that the rock refused as if he can take time out of his acting schedule to appear on raw, then surely he could promote his dvd

King Sir Greatness
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Though I disagree with him promoting it, I could understand why he would not want to.

The DVD would be promoting the "best of The Rock;" that implies the best has been seen, which is pretty much saying he's done for.

Also, him promoting WWE (and his/its DVDs) just further distances himself from being an actual actor. That'd be like Jay Leno coming out with a "Best of" DVD of his time working at McDonalds.

Now, I'm not saying wrestling is a bad profession or anything, but it's definitely looked at as cheesy in the mainstream world, so I totally could understand him not wanting to do the promoting for it. It clashes with his new profession.

Gotsteve2006
03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
The Rock wants nothing to do with wrestling..

think he forgot what made him that famous?

hmm...

King Sir Greatness
03-19-2007, 03:01 PM
The Rock wants nothing to do with wrestling..

think he forgot what made him that famous?

hmm...

Did he forget? Definitely not. But it's one of those things where, why relive the past, when your future is bright?

He didn't forget wrestling, he just moved on to different endeavors.

legolas4792
03-19-2007, 08:19 PM
in my opinion the rock now and the wrestling rock are two different people who have nothing to do with eachother